Anyway to keep oil splatter off valve cover from pcv area?

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I've been getting oil splatter on my valve cover from the pcv valve area(oil breather area), nothing aftermarket there, just what came from the factory. Does this happen to everybody or just me. Its pretty annoying. Is there anyway to solve this? Or get one of those aftermarket air filters stick in the valve cover?

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

MustangLife said:
I've been getting oil splatter on my valve cover from the pcv valve area(oil breather area), nothing aftermarket there, just what came from the factory. Does this happen to everybody or just me. Its pretty annoying. Is there anyway to solve this? Or get one of those aftermarket air filters stick in the valve cover?

Thanks
Josh

If the valve is clogged, replace it - if the hose (line) is swollen, change it...and after you have those 2 items taken care of, add a hose clamp at the pcv valve connection like Ford recommends in their TSB.

MEandmyKB said:
If the valve is clogged, replace it - if the hose (line) is swollen, change it...and after you have those 2 items taken care of, add a hose clamp at the pcv valve connection like Ford recommends in their TSB.

um...yeah what he said.:cheers: