Drivetrain aod pressure plate

mattys91gt

Feb 3, 2022
Plymouth Massachusetts
so the other day I found a random bolt on the ground it said 33 on the head very greasy so I go under to look today and I'm missing a pressure plate bolt and I'm not sure if it's wrong cause once all bolts are in one spot has a hole open I'll post a pic

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_115523.jpg
    IMG_20220815_115523.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

Automatic doesn't have a pressure plate. Just a flexplate that attaches to the crank (instead of a flywheel - 6 bolts) and then the torque converter bolts to the flexplate (4 bolts).

Can't tell what hole you pictured, but I don't think it is either the flexplate or torque converter.

That hole is just a drain for any oil or coolant that may leak from our cars. No bolt goes there.

The thin plate is what is called the motor or engine plate. Ultimately it just creates a dirt shield to protect the flex plate and torque converter from road dirt and debris.

On an automatic there is usually a section at the bottom that is removable so that the bolts that hold the torque converter to the flex plate can be accessed to connect or disconnect the two.

That hole is just a drain for any oil or coolant that may leak from our cars. No bolt goes there.

The thin plate is what is called the motor or engine plate. Ultimately it just creates a dirt shield to protect the flex plate and torque converter from road dirt and debris.

On an automatic there is usually a section at the bottom that is removable so that the bolts that hold the torque converter to the flex plate can be accessed to connect or disconnect the two.
ok thank you I know the replacement size I'm just not sure what brand to use

Is there a plate that has a couple bolts for access to the converter bolts?
Something don't look right about that block plate. Show us the bolt you found.
it definitely has a rear main seal leak and the bolt looked like the ones u buy from cj pony with all the slots in the top of the head and another that had a really fine thread but I think it needs a motor whoever had it before me it sat since 2014 I've tried to do what I can but parts and labor and the price of living it's hard to fix it all and it has a axle leaked that got fixed last year sorry for the rant

Okay. If the bolt you found is like the one pictured, that is the bolt that holds the cover plate on. There should be another bolt one the other side of engine (just out of the picture). There are only two of these bolts. The hole that is an inch or two from the bolt shown is not a bolt hole.

The oil shown in this last pic is likely leakage from the oil pan or valve cover gaskets. Possibly the intake manifold. Rear main seal would leak out of that drain hole in your earlier pic.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay. If the bolt you found is like the one pictured, that is the bolt that holds the cover plate on. There should be another bolt one the other side of engine (just out of the picture). There are only two of these bolts. The hole that is an inch or two from the bolt shown is not a bolt hole.

The oil shown in this last pic is likely leakage from the oil pan or valve cover gaskets. Possibly the intake manifold. Rear main seal would leak out of that drain hole in your earlier pic.
it's leaking from the drain hole and what about the extra holes on the plate I have all the bolts in now but it's going need a motor it sat for to long before I got it my buddy is going put it up in the air this weekend

Attachments

• 16606614658177056474213279581540.jpg
    16606614658177056474213279581540.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 16606614913708881516816593020523.jpg
    16606614913708881516816593020523.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 54