Aod problem maybe?

My cars been givin me a lil trouble on cold starts and I'm not sure if its the tranny givin me trouble. I used to just be able to start it rpms with be around 1200 for 10 seconds then drop to normal idle rpms around 800 or so I guess. It idles great however when I put it in OD and go to accelerate it feels like it has a hesitation or just doesn't wanna go at all but it only last for maybe half a second if that and then it picks back up and goes on its way, this only occurs in 1st gear. By the time I make it down my street roughly a mile before turning and it goes to downshift in first I sometimes feel like the tranny doesn't want to and it does the hesitation thing one more time then picks back up as it did before. This problem only occurs once or twice each time upon a cold start and after that it shifts and downshifts flawlessly everytime. I've been letting it warm up for about 2 or 3 minutes longer now and problem has gone away pretty much I'm curious of I'm not allowing enough time for tranny fluid to get built up or what.

What finally got me a lil worried was leavin work today I didn't give it any warm up time hardly maybe 15 seconds went to leave didn't hesitate accelerating in first it then shifted in second fine and I had to slow down for traffic and again I don't think it kicked down in first and when i went to accelerate the rpms went up like I was in neutral I just tapped the brakes and it then I guess kicked in gear and let me go on my way no problem after that on the rest of the way home. The only other info I can really give on what else its doing is going from Drive to Reverse or switching into any gear pretty much the rpms like to drop between 400 and 600 for a sec and then they pick back up. Could it possibly be the torque converter giving me these issues? I'm really at a loss on this one. Thanks in advance guys.

• Sponsors (?)

First the TC wouldnt cause any of your problems. This what I want you to do. Start your car put it in reverse. You will fell it it engage. Powerbrake it a little. Just quick litlle taps on accel pedal with your other foot on brake of coarse. Then put it in OD and do the same. Dont give it any warm up time. I am a Transmission tech. Been one for 12 years. Do this first then let me know how it does. Tell me how it engages and does on quick little powerbrakes. Then I can you you out more

I started the car up and did what ya asked at first when I did it went in reverse no problem. Then put it in OD no problem doing the accel+brake check and it stalled up just as if u were tryin to power brake. I went on ahead to drive it a little bit and I pulled forward then when i went to back up again to get out of my driveway it didn't wanna go in reverse. So i shifted in neutral then back to reverse it engaged and let me back up. Then I went to leave the driveway in OD it did a similar thing to yesterday rpms go up and im movin no where as if it went back into neutral. After I went to a stop and put it in park then shifted back into OD it engaged and let me go on so I drove it a bit and came back to the house and when I tried to throw it in park it acted like it didn't wanna go so again I had to kinda shuffle through another gear and put it back in park to get it to set there. Any ideas if its not the TC?

It almost sounds like your shifter is out of adjustment. The reason why I say this is because you said that when u tried to back up it wouldnt then u moved the shifter to neutral then back into reverse then it backed up. Aslo you said the you couldnt get to it to go in park. You had to move it to another gear than back to park.. Ok next step. Get under your car. On the drivers side of the transmission there is a 13mm nut. That nut is for the shifter cable. Make sure that is tight and adjusted right.