AOD with 4bbl

• Sponsors (?)

A demon is a holley design, so you would need it with the demon....I do not know about the edelbrock. I just know I hooked up my AOD with a tv cabel without using the adaptor and 2k later hooked up another AOD to my holley with that adaptor and have not had a prob since.

Lokar makes them.

I called Edelbrock with the same question. I have an Edelbrock 600cfm on mine and I'm looking at swapping my c4 for an AOD in the very near future. They (Edelbrock) said call Lokar.

Lokar makes all the brackets, cables, and adapters for the swap. I haven’t got everything together yet but the adapter for the carb linkage is SKR-4000. Summit sells it for about 20 bucks.

lok-srk-4000.jpg

Attachments

• lok-srk-4000.jpg
    lok-srk-4000.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 95
Unless someone has started to make a new adapter (haven't seen the summit one) you need the Lokar or Total Performance kit.

The problem is that the geometry of the AOD is such that if you simply hook the TV cable to the carb the TV valve bottoms before the carb reaches WOT. Bottoming the TV valve is bad for it and your wallet. If you adjust it so that it doesn't bottom you end up with low TV pressure at part throttle, which is also bad for the AOD and your wallet. Be aware you will need a good oil pressure guage and a couple of adapters to tap into the line pressure on the AOD. You set the TV cable with the oil pressure guage. It is a PITA.

When I did my Crown Vic I was able to find a hole in the carbs linkage that would work (thus I didn't have to weld the lever that lokar will provide to the carb.) but it would never have worked without the longer lever that they provide for the tranny.

I used a Holley, the kit should work with any 4V, but I wouldn't count on finding a hole that worked without welding on anything but a Holley.

Way cool!

I'll be in Jacksonville, Florida all next week so the 21st and 22nd really works best for me. We'll just have to see what part of the project you're on when I get there. That is if you're not finished by that time.

We usually drive out on Friday night when we get off work. Besides, it's only about 6 hours from New Orleans.

i just got a carb adaptor off of e-bay for 33 bones, its cheaper from the sonex site(i think i spelt that right) they also make one foe a edelbrock afb. go onto e-bay and search aod. the guy i got it from was oragontransmission or something like that.

when i get back from vacation, i'm doing my aod. right now im in titusville pa visiting my family.

hi guys, just got back from "vacation"

i just wanted to add to this thread. one, if you decide to go with any of the lokar stuff for a cable throttle linkage to go with the lokar cable.

i had to get the different type cable because the end where it meets the bracket wouldn't work with the factory box type. i hope that made sence.

lok-srk-4000.jpg

also this is the adaptor dodgestang and i have. it works perfect with my demon, only in mock-up so far.

View attachment 523781

Attachments

• lok-srk-4000.jpg
    lok-srk-4000.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 93