Aod

• Sponsors (?)

If the car in question is a 1997 Mustang (V6 or V8?) , it will not have a tv cable/kick down etc . It does not even have an aod. Unless it was swapped in there.
Should have a 4R70W- which uses a MLPS - manual lever position switch
Edit: since you’ve updated your original post with the correct year,feel free to ignore this post lol
DC5F2A25-02A1-4B6B-9198-6A144AF47E2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Having had varying set points with my TV (adjusted multiple times to different positions) I would not advise doing that. If you "Set it" too aggressive you will have high shift points always and quick downshifts while coasting. If set too light, you will shift early and lack overall performance.

Did your cable break?

I have a stock AOD in my '90 GT. The only change is the valve body, I put a Lentech Street Terminator model. I initially set up TV cable as per Lentech manual. I found it nice and aggressive for upshifts but wouldn't go into OD until at least 55 mph (90 km/h) and then would downshift out of OD (quite firmly) at 35 mph while coasting. Last year I redid the setting and put it approximately 1" of pull from neutral position. It is now reasonably firm, shifts into OD nice and doesn't do real firm downshifts and coasts much better. I found the more pre-pull the firmer the shift (up and down). At a full neutral position I found the shifts way too soft.

Same principle still works. Disconnect TV cable from TB, move adjuster 1/8-1/4" toward firewall, re-connect to TB. Go for test drive, see what it changed (if any). It should raise shift points for each gear for a given throttle position.

Hope it helps.

I was looking at a lokar cable today when the mechanic seen what I was looking at and told me that i didnt need the cable i could tie the arm at the transmission and start around 30 to 35 psi and make small adjustments from there depending on the shifting and just leave it to where its pulled back at all times and that it wouldn't hurt the transmission or burn it up he did say something about the constant valve body and the way he said to do it being the same