Are Led Reverse Lights In A Fox Cheesy?

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
After reversing at night and almost grinding the side of a curb on my chromy's I decided to take action. I bought a set of led reverse lights from the zone today. Can't wait to see how they do tonight. Anyone else running something similar? I already have led cluster and climate control lights. Just didn't want to go overboard lol

• Sponsors (?)

Eh, the actual replacement bulbs are fine IMO. There's nothing wrong with brighter lights, it's the gay euro crap replacement lenses that are cheesy. A buddy of mine swapped out his brake lights with LED bulbs and they were SO much brighter. I think the 4 eye/Cobra style lenses really need the LED upgrade, they're not near as bright as the LX lenses.

After reversing at night and almost grinding the side of a curb on my chromy's I decided to take action. I bought a set of led reverse lights from the zone today. Can't wait to see how they do tonight. Anyone else running something similar? I already have led cluster and climate control lights. Just didn't want to go overboard lol
Waiting for your results

Sylvania makes some fancy name bulbs (Silver Star?) that ARE as bright as they say. I'll be replacing all the Mustang's tail bulbs after doing it on a van. You could see backing up even with tinted windows. They are cheaper than the bright led bulbs I found

Sylvania makes some fancy name bulbs (Silver Star?) that ARE as bright as they say. I'll be replacing all the Mustang's tail bulbs after doing it on a van. You could see backing up even with tinted windows. They are cheaper than the bright led bulbs I found

I mention the brand of BRIGHT traditional bulb as LED bulbs are still under development. You are not sure what you are getting until you plug them in. Some do not work with regular blinkers. I bought a set of 1157 LED's from a truck stop, and the blinkers did work. But they were not quite as bright as regular bulbs. They are in a trailer for their low load and higher vibration tolerance.

The new style, really bright leds may be on a body that is too big for your reverse or tail light housing. Measure first. Just like household LED bulbs, they will be awesome when the bugs are worked out and prices drop.

In the mean time, here is the info on the BRIGHT Sylvania SilverStar bulbs. I got them at Advance auto, but I have seen them at other chains too. You can get bulbs that are supposed to be about as bright as the HID ones without wiring issues or melting the plastic housing.
http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/products/automotive/Pages/silverstar-ultra.aspx