Are people just crazy??

Hello, I have a ’91 GT convertible for sale. I’m in SW Florida and I’ve owned this one for 6 year, aod/shift kit, welded in sub frame connector, eibah lowering springs, 4:10 rear gears , 95 amp alternator, under drive pulleys, No dents, dings ,everything works. Listed on offer up 34287 zip code and I have a video too. It’s under $9,000.
Not a place to post for sale listing Jeeves. Get him @General karthief

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, I have a ’91 GT convertible for sale. I’m in SW Florida and I’ve owned this one for 6 year, aod/shift kit, welded in sub frame connector, eibah lowering springs, 4:10 rear gears , 95 amp alternator, under drive pulleys, No dents, dings ,everything works. Listed on offer up 34287 zip code and I have a video too. It’s under $9,000.
Get the most out of Auto Trader....Northerners pay more, and will ship. Nice car. I would try to get the most out of it. I'm in Sarasota too, and follow on local Craigslist. Too many old guys have them around here, but it will sell fast for that price

My Apologies, wasn’t aware. Very appreciative of all the help I’ve received from the forum. Happy to take it off..how do I do that?

I took care of it. Very nice car, we just have a policy of not cluttering the tech/talk forums with parts or car sales. We do have a for sale forum which you can certainly list it there.

I took care of it. Very nice car, we just have a policy of not cluttering the tech/talk forums with parts or car sales. We do have a for sale forum which you can certainly list it there.
Yeah, we are too busy cluttering up threads with bad advice and other such nonsense.
Wait, I just described my posts. :oops: nevermind, carry on,

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I hada hobby that was ruined by all this - net sales and auction sales (we got 'em combined now, even worse). I'd geta clean junk that really caught my eye (in the '70s/early 80s it was Italian 50s/60s) some even outta the junk yrd (Goldie's had some beauts). Get it safe, may B hop up a lill, send on its way when I saw nother that pulled my attention. Free car to drive I would not beable to afford. Just roll the cash in, get a lill better, rinse'n repeat. I've watched these fox bodies. They were OK (only a few of the richer 30/40 somethings buying) as the melenials came of age for the 'nestalgia buy'. Now they are in their cap yrs (same cohort is in their 60s) so top prices are cresting. Just like the pre-war cars, the price will come down. I will be unable to participate tho. I'm aging out as it is. A long w/that goes initial purchase funds...

No people are not crazy LATELY... They've been crazy for a long time!!! Spend an afternoon riding with a news crew or a first responder, we can all tell you stories from way back about how crazy people are. Remind me sometime to tell you the story of when I hit a deer with my news truck back sometime in the late 90's.
Anyway. Yes it's true that once upon a time the Foxbody Mustang was considered to be a dime a dozen. And why not, there were a million (or so it seemed) of them out there. Herds of them, right for the picking! They ran for what, like 14 years give or take. Probably the longest anyone has ever run any body style. Or at least any modern body style. Perhaps the Model T may have had a longer run.
Because they were so plentiful - and fast people would snatch them up to carve them up into race/track cars. In fact, I almost did just that to my Indian Outlaw; had it not been for the accident that caused it to sit on Humphry's lot for 6 years. As it sat, I began to notice for myself examples of Foxbody Mustangs in the wild becoming an endangered species. As I was driving it to the second guy (who actually fixed it BTW) I was thinking about the extensive surgery my pony was about to undergo, it got me to thinking about how hard it would be to replace the Outlaw if something were to go wrong. It was then I decided it was probably a better idea to keep my pony stock, or at least stock as possible to all outward appearances anyway.
That said, with the wild Fox Mustangs disappearing to captivity on some race track somewhere, and with a shortage in both the new and used car market created by Covid, it is not surprising to me to hear that people are getting out the long rubber gloves when they ask for the price on even a wounded wild Mustang. Plus you wanted a GT rag top, which is probably the most rare of the species.
If it were me, I think I wouldn't get in a hurry to get this car unless you or someone you're getting it for is sick or something... Wait for this Covid thing to blow over and when auto makers get back up to full capacity again, and people start buying new cars, then the used market will start to catch up. When that happens, perhaps the prices will start to come back down a little bit. With the Fox Mustang on the endangered species list however, they probably won't be bargain basement cars ever again, but at least the price gouging may subside a bit.
Perhaps you could find a track car that wasn't to badly cut up and free it from captivity and return it to the wild? You know, something that ran in a stock class that only had a simple roll bar instead of a full on roll cage, something that didn't get all tubed out, you know...
This was the case with the pre-77 Chevy Novas. They were the cheap hot rod option because the Camaro was more desirable. Then when you went to look for one in the 90's, there were none left that weren't ragged out from some wannabe hotrodder who welded their own roll cage and put on air shocks and shackles to jack the back end up.