Roush Are there any true fox saleen coupes?

140CILX-Coupe

Mar 30, 2005
Cause from a while ago I found this pic and last I knew it was a true saleen coupe.

Attachments

• 89 saleen coupe.jpg
    89 saleen coupe.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,230
  • Sponsors (?)

140CILX-Coupe said:
Cause from a while ago I found this pic and last I knew it was a true saleen coupe.

Yes there are such things. Not many at all, but they can be found on a rare occasion. Production numbers in yr is below:

1987 = 1
1988 = 25
1989 = 20
1990 = 8
1991 = 4
1992 = 0
1993 = 1

I've seen a couple of coupes pop up on ebay from time to time.

That car in your link is nice, but with the money spent on it, it should be 5 lug, and IMO never ever should you use cobra r or cobra r replicas on a saleen replica, just a conflict of interests as far as i see it.
Decalling is not done right, and it has drums in the rear.

Here is one i posted a while back.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543775155&category=6236
According to saleenster's numbers, it's one of 4, so that's pretty damn rare.

god damn that thingis beautifull!!!!!

I saved ever pic...I would kill for a saleen coupe but theres few and far between and the time I would get the money for one someone would sell it for more.

I guess iam gonna have top settal for the saleen look for a while.

I love saleens my fave stang.

I got quite a collection of saleen pics and I got a SN saleen pic and from what I understand its the only one in purple

140CILX-Coupe said:
rock on...thanks guys...

But I thought the early 87 like saleens had 4 lug.

dident know a fox saleen came with rear disk....thanks for the info I know know more.

Fox saleens starting in 87 switched to the SVO 5 lug which included the 4 wheel disc, but the 84 through 86 models had drums in the rear and 4 lug

My friend Dale ordered the 93 Coupe! I wish I would have bought it when he sold it! It was a very high option car! The # is 007 200 mph speedo, Adj. suspension , 3.55, CD, Saleen leather, Paint upgrade ( Met. red), Roll bar.I bought his SSC instead! He used to have 6 Saleens! Mark

Hey! I bought Dugan Racing's old drag car and have been having a blast with it! I also have been pretty busy working! I just finished a $ 700,000.00 house for a couple in Dalton Georgia! ( Thats a lot of money for a house in Georgia!) I see you added to the herd! What # is your SSC? Mark

Mark Cubberley said:
Hey! I bought Dugan Racing's old drag car and have been having a blast with it! I also have been pretty busy working! I just finished a $ 700,000.00 house for a couple in Dalton Georgia! ( Thats a lot of money for a house in Georgia!) I see you added to the herd! What # is your SSC? Mark

Yea it is. How big is the house? 700K here won't even buy you a 2 bed 1 bath, 800sq ft. Sad isn't it? Congrats on the build.

I rescued #133 from a garage/barn setup back east. It was actually a while ago. Just didn't update my sig. Original paint and near perfect. My wife is pissed though. :shrug:

My 84-93 Saleen Registry says # 133 was bought new by a guy from Texas! The guy that got my SSC ( # 142 ) totaled it! I got some video pics of it! It was suppose to be fixed by a guy fom Atlanta! The top was peeled back to the roll bar and it was bent up bad! It only had 8,000 miles on it! Mark