RANT!!! Are you :leghump:ing kidding me California?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY

“It is unlawful for any person to engage in, or permit others to engage in, minor vehicle repair or maintenance in any agricultural, agricultural-residential, residential, interim estate and interim residential zones.”

“Using tools not normally found in a residence"???

“Unlicensed vehicle dismantlers operate in the underground economy and do not comply with licensing requirements,”

The going hourly rate for repairs here is $120 on the low end, and $160 at dealerships. Here's my middle finger, California. Come and get me! There's gotta be some kind of a constitutional protection at some point that stops morons from telling me what I can and can't do in my own home.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Sad to see a state with so many nice days for cruising become a :poo:hole for car guys.

Seriously, that :poo: wouldn’t fly down here.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_5170.JPG

I imagine this was aimed more at the illegal chop shop, but being written so vaguely I'd imagine it could be abused or expanded easily.

I'm an engineer...so of course I have tools and equipment the average homeowner won't have.

This law pretty much makes building ANY project car illegal.

Selling your parts on eBay? Illegal

This progressive crap needs to stop.

Reactions: 4 users
This will hit the auto parts stores too...I wonder what the history and driver was for it? Are auto mechanics unionized in California...I notice a UAW stamp on the above poster?

I get the part about proper disposal of oils and fluids...but most locales have drop off points for all sorts of waste products (nowadays).

Last edited:
I

I think they have a real good idea of what they’re doing.

No, no they do not. :nonono:

I hope I am still alive to watch the whole thing burn. I've already made pikes for the heads of Pelosi and Governor Moon Beam. Cortez is going back to the zoo it escaped from (the other animals will be dumber for it but we can't let it just run around).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just another example of the insanity that is the crazy left. I'd really like to know the true impact that the at home tinkerers are having on the environment out there. That'll never happen though. Banning chop shops, sure! Oh, wait those are already illegal. The scary thing is, for me at least, is I tend to get a false since of security living down here in the deep south. Sure, I don't have the same level of craziness nor do I pay the insane taxes, but I watch bat :poo:things like this start in places like California and then the trickle down starts to happen. Next thing I know, all be it 10 years, and it will be illegal for me to change my own oil. I can still work on my car, but with restriction. I feel for ya man! Hopefully the big box auto parts stores will get involved and either get it shutdown or the wording changed. If you get a belly full of it come on down south! The water is nice and the auto modding is legal!!

I just have visions of a dystopian world where this law get enforced to the extreme with officials going into garages where dad and son are trying to build a hot rod and arresting dad for possession of an engine hoist or a trans jack under the guise of not being typical tools for the average garage.

Of course, many who supported the measure will probably argue that it's not targeted towards the home enthusiasts....but what language is in place to actually protect them? none.

It's the same with firearms laws. It's a slippery slope. Laws get created with reassurance it doesn't target xyz...but that reassurance gets forgotten and some day in the future xyz does get targeted.

How long before you can get out of commiefornia Chris?

I'll be out in December

I get the part about proper disposal of oils and fluids...but most locales have drop off points for all sorts of waste products (nowadays).

Most part stores do, too. My drop off point for any hazmat is just 1 town over. Dumping is already illegal, too. Maybe they should make breathing illegal because criminals do it.

Last edited:
Wow! I think that 20 years ago this would be laughed at, but here we are today with stuff like that actually being considered:cautious:. It's a sad day if this goes into law no matter where that is:(.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.