ARGH!!! Dreaded Wrench Light!!!

scrming

Aug 9, 2005
So the dang wrench light hasn't come on since Tuesday... I really thought I had it figured out... Well, today I drop my bottle off to get it topped off for tomorrow... I pull out of the parking lot.. BANG! WRENCH LIGHT!!!! ARGH!!!! WTF!!! Stop/Restart car... bang.. wrench... limp home... Ok.. I'm desperate.. I pull off the ground... redo it... ok.. car is running ok... Go get bottle... hook it up... Car is still running ok... then BANG! Wrench Light!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!! Ok... pull over... open the trunk...

AND THEN IT HITS ME!!! My Nitrous supply line isn't touching the mounting brackets... wait a minute... Tuesday was the day I got my pressure gauge and I moved the supply line so it was laying up against the mounting brackets... hmmmm... no wrench ling since tuesday.... And when I put the bottle back in today I changed where the line runs again... and guess what it wasn't touching the brackets... so I unhook the bottle, move the line so it up against the bracket.. Bingo... 45 miles back to the house and not a single WRENCH LIGHT!!!

So it appears to me that I did have a ground problem... with my Nitrous supply line! Our install was so clean I don't think it's touching bare metal anywhere... This is the first thing thing that makes sense! I going to make sure it has a good ground tomorrow!!!!! LOL!

Ok... I just had to vent...

• Sponsors (?)