arizona, nevada, utah, idaho...come in!!!!!!

ok guys im in the air force, ive put in for a few new duty stations in arizona, nevada, utah, and idaho....

what are the emissions laws and how strict are they?

arizona....i will register my car in flagstaff but live in phoenix....are emissions laws tuff in flagstaff?

nevada...are emissions laws tough in vegas?

utah....strict emissions in ogden?

Idaho.....emissions in mountain home???

• Sponsors (?)

You have to have proof or residents if your going to registar in flagstaff and live in phoenix. My buddy used to just have a PO box but is no longer to use it. he had a 71 chevelle that wasnt emission legal lol. If you have all your emission equipment on your car and have cars you should be good to go, i know a guy who has cats just for emissions and then put his xpipe back on after he passes. I live in the east valley of phx.

my parents live in flagstaff AZ so if i change my residense to flagstaff i should be able to register my car thier because im military .... if you are military you can keep your cars registered with your home of record....my car is registered in NC right now

Ah right on, my pops was with F111's up until they retired them. We were stationed at Cannon he was with the 428th. Yeah i dont think Flag has emissions, but what i hear from a guy that worked down here in the valley at a test station they're going to try and impliment emission testing all over the state starting in 2007.

well if they start in 2007 thats not a big deal really.....thats 2 years to get ready....my car will pass emissions but i just hate having it tested. emissions testing starts here in my county in NC in Jan. so thats why i need to get the hell outta here......im gonna go and have my regular non-emissions inspection done in december that way i have a full year before im tested...then...ill register the car wherever i am living.

I live in Ogden. You need your EGR to pass, and cops will ticket you/ or impound your car for off road type of things.
But atleast it's not like CALI, I've heard the Governator is making it illegal to mod any car.

jaidedeye said:
sweet, ive been stationed at kadena (okinawa), kwang ju korea and now seymour johnson.

so hows hill?

Hill is OK. I guess it depends on what you like to do and your religious preference. The winters suck. There is snow on the mountains as I write and we are suposed to get some in the valley on Thursday. The night life is OK, you have to be a member of a club to get in, kinda like a cover charge...hard to explain until you get here. The summers are hot and dry but we are only about 6 hours or so from Vegas. All in all, not a bad place to be stationed. There are three FS here, I work in the backshop, and we deploy alot, bout the same as Shady. I was over with some of your BS guys last year in Qatar. Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions.

Aaron