Aside From Drinking And Cars, What Does Everyone Else Do To Unwind?

• Sponsors (?)

Love it, played for 40years straight, most of the time summer and winter, also coached everything from mites to high school... still have my gear but have not been on ice for a couple years now... keep threatening myself to go to the barn and get in on some old guy pick-up games...

Still play once a week. Do a lot of charity games too, which is so much fun.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread made me realize I don't do much lol. I work a lot, hang out with my wife and our dogs when I can and spend my spare time out in my garage.

Everything else I do is car related or sleeping (swing shift life).

Might need to work on that

Reactions: 2 users
This thread made me realize I don't do much lol. I work a lot, hang out with my wife and our dogs when I can and spend my spare time out in my garage.

Everything else I do is car related or sleeping (swing shift life).

Might need to work on that

Yah but then you might find the opposite problem. You have too many and hobbies not enough time and money to do them. I literally had to make a conscious decision a few years ago to focus my attention more on just a few hobbies so I could enjoy them more.

Reactions: 2 users
^^This... I go through spells... rarely Jeep when the Mustang is my focus and vice-versa as both require the better part of the weekend for an outing (prepping, loading up, playing, unloading cleaning up...). If yard work is on tap, there usually is time for nothing else. Mountain biking and/or shooting eat up an entire day, so, that's it for that weekend and sometimes errands will eat up most of a day leaving no time for play.
Sundays are generally swallowed up with wash the vehicles, do laundry, get groceries and cooking to have stuff for lunches so that really only leaves me 1 day to play, and, sometimes I'm just too tired from the work week to play.
So, while I have a few things I like to do, all of it gets spread out... and sometimes nothing at all happens.

Reactions: 1 users
Unwind...work, mow/yardwork, maybe get an hour to kick my car, house work

I leave when its dark and usually get home at dark (no garage...yet). Weekends are spent catching up on yard work or travel up to may parents to help them..

So...stangnet and sleep I guess.

I dabble in a lot...my philosophy is life is to short to have a few hobbies. Most hobbies i dabble..
I mountain bike, farm 5 acres of beans or corn, home improvements at my mom's house, shoot guns/clays, cross bow/shot gun deer hunt, have 3 1970's CT-70 trail bikes, RC boat and truck, split fire wood, snowmobile, designing in Solid Works high end I6 NA pulling tractor engine parts plus building and dyno tunning for customers or dad, I actually do a lot of Solid Works designs for house projects to tractor parts(neighbor has a water jet), keeping my 2014 f150, 1966 IH 656, 1983 IH 244, 2008 chev cobalt running with routine maintenance.
Here is a pic of my summer project at mom's house, new deck.
Most weekends I spend at my mom's doing something. I go to my apartment close to work during the week to rest up/chase women.
That's about it!
20161030_175954.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I dabble in a lot...my philosophy is life is to short to have a few hobbies. Most hobbies i dabble..
I mountain bike, farm 5 acres of beans or corn, home improvements at my mom's house, shoot guns/clays, cross bow/shot gun deer hunt, have 3 1970's CT-70 trail bikes, RC boat and truck, split fire wood, snowmobile, designing in Solid Works high end I6 NA pulling tractor engine parts plus building and dyno tunning for customers or dad, I actually do a lot of Solid Works designs for house projects to tractor parts(neighbor has a water jet), keeping my 2014 f150, 1966 IH 656, 1983 IH 244, 2008 chev cobalt running with routine maintenance.
Here is a pic of my summer project at mom's house, new deck.
Most weekends I spend at my mom's doing something. I go to my apartment close to work during the week to rest up/chase women.
That's about it!
20161030_175954.jpg
I feel so inadequate now...:(