AT Racing World heads? (Or other "cheap" brands...)

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
IMG_20201210_192540.jpg

IMG_20201210_192619.jpg

And they look fantastic so far!

Sadly, this is about as far as I'm going to do anything with them for a while though. I still have a buttload of work to do to the house, then hopefully a refi to build my garage, THEN dig deep into Mustang work. But the biggest engine part purchase is here and I think I'm happy with the decision so far. Only time will tell how they will perform for me.

@hoopty5.0 - hopefully you'll post your progress and your thoughts, too, so everyone can see the dirt on these. I think they'll be a spectacular buy for just about anyone so far! :)

• Sponsors (?)

LILCBRA

15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Oh, one thing about the exhaust ports - they're actually a little bigger than the MAC shorties I picked up off Craigslist last year. Their opening measures about 1x1.4. So I may be shopping for new headers sometime so they're not a choke point.... :shrug:

LILCBRA

15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Are they so big that you can't open up the header entrance a little but then again they may be more efficient with a larger header tube.
I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It looks to be the weld that closes them up a little, so I might be able to. I'll research it more when the time comes, but thought I'd take a look and compare since the ports on the heads looked kinda big compared to what I'm used to seeing. Height-wise, they look pretty close, it's the width that might be a problem. :shrug:

Bird76Mojo

Jul 12, 2018
Central Illinois
I was following this thread hoping to see more, but I ended up saving a littler longer, and having Summit price match buyafr.com on a set of AFR 1399 heads, so it looks like I'm out. I saved almost $300 just doing that. Summit rocks.

Good luck guys.

Reactions: 2 users

JKWilson61

Jul 27, 2018
Summerville, SC
Anyone else wanting to order a set of Promaxx I can offer one bit of advice. Expect to wait. I know several others received theirs a few months back within the advertised 10-14 business days. Unfortunately I haven't been so fortunate. I ordered a set after Christmas and am still waiting. I called them last week and was told another week to week and a half. Just a heads up for those interested in them.

Reactions: 1 user

LILCBRA

15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It looks to be the weld that closes them up a little, so I might be able to. I'll research it more when the time comes, but thought I'd take a look and compare since the ports on the heads looked kinda big compared to what I'm used to seeing. Height-wise, they look pretty close, it's the width that might be a problem. :shrug:

I guess I should update about the headers.....

I looked at the MACs a little closer and they would've been a choke point regardless. So I ordered and received a new set of headers off Amazon.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYO3MEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now most everything is sitting in my breakfast nook waiting on me to finish the house projects and garage build so I can start working on the Mustangs. Sometimes adulting and being responsible sucks..... :nonono:

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I guess I should update about the headers.....

I looked at the MACs a little closer and they would've been a choke point regardless. So I ordered and received a new set of headers off Amazon.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYO3MEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now most everything is sitting in my breakfast nook waiting on me to finish the house projects and garage build so I can start working on the Mustangs. Sometimes adulting and being responsible sucks..... :nonono:

adulting is overrated.... like this work thing

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users