Attak Vs Stingers Vs Lm1 Vs Lm2

Attaks, Stingers, LM1, LM2 for daily driving?

• Attak

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Stingers

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • LM1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LM2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

01Stang65

Jan 19, 2017
Title pretty much sums it up, if anyone has any comparison information between these cat-backs, that would be great... I have narrowed it down to these 4 cat-backs and really wish I could hear them all in person, but since I can't I just have to keep researching...

Are the Attaks louder than the LM1s?
Are the LM2s louder than the Stingers?
Are the Attaks or LM1s obnoxious when paired with an H-pipe, stock, or prochamber?
Are the Attaks or LM1s daily driveable? What about on long distances?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The LM exhausts sound like garbage... LM2 is a little better than LM1's but not by much. If you put an off road mid-pipe on it, be prepared to wake the dead and not in a good way, LM's have no tone... it's all rasp. The Borla Stingers and Magnaflow Competition (magnapacks) sound similar in my opinion and are good when paired with either an off road chambered mid-pipe or catted x-pipe, I don't like the sound with an off road h-pipe.

Honestly, I haven't really heard the ATAK on a 2v in any other configuration than a catted mid-pipe, so I can't speak to all the different sounds.

The LM exhausts sound like garbage... LM2 is a little better than LM1's but not by much. If you put an off road mid-pipe on it, be prepared to wake the dead and not in a good way, LM's have no tone... it's all rasp. The Borla Stingers and Magnaflow Competition (magnapacks) sound similar in my opinion and are good when paired with either an off road chambered mid-pipe or catted x-pipe, I don't like the sound with an off road h-pipe.

Honestly, I haven't really heard the ATAK on a 2v in any other configuration than a catted mid-pipe, so I can't speak to all the different sounds.
and how was the attak? too loud? loud enough? what about the tone? I don't really plan on getting any special mid pipe right now.

That being said my car still has lm1s but they will likely be changed out to magnaflow or something similar for better tone (less rasp) once I get it running again (this weekend I pray).

Note: I did not buy the lm1's, they were on the car. The catback itself is of very nice quality and I love the tips on a sn car. Just hate the teenage loud exhaust and attention I get from the fuz. lol.

The borla will probably sound better. But with the LM exhausts they are designed so that you can change out the mufflers for a different set very easily. They of course have to be manufactured by loud mouth. But if you get a LM 2 or something then it's very easy to change to the LM 1 or There Hush power muffler or whatever it's called.

Ataks and lm1s are teenager loud. Stingers sound great. Lm2s are kinda okay but not great. If you want quieter exhaust when cruising and loud when you mash the go pedal, get magnaflow. MagnaFlow is kinda the stately gentleman's cat back.

Stingers are aggressive but not super over the top like lm1s and atak. Everyone will know your coming but your ears aren't bleeding in the car. Get to YouTube and do some digging. Plenty of videos out there

Reactions: 1 user
I will vote for Stingers. I have cat less x and ataks on my Cobra and holy hell they are alot louder than any video on YouTube will inform you. When leaving my for work at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle you can hear them echoing thru out every direction. Driving above 70mph is also really load. I work in downtown Houston so you can prob hear my car echoing off the buildings from atleast 1/2 mile away. Sound amazing but be ready for that.

I have stingers, just installed them yesterday and I love them. No drone on highway but when you want to be loud they're super awesome. Start up sounds super awesome. The Install was a bitch because I just had my car on the ramps and with they're 4 piece design I had limited ground space and things got complicated. But in the end you'll love the sound. The SLPs probably sound good though too.