ATTN: HIP HOP LOVERS!!! EPIK MUSIC!!! Listen!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Well I just realized that I have been a member here on Stangnet here for almost 5 years & I havent posted much here about my music. For those of u who dont know, I am a DJ/Musician & I have been doing it for over 15 years. Most of my music revolves around hip hop, & I have worked with artists such as Mos Def, Mac Dre, & living legends to name a few. Anyway, here is some of my recent work...This is a song I did a while back with one of my up & coming local Sacramento artists. His name is Chase Moore, & he's a young cat thats got heat...The track is called "Holla @ Me" & of course I produced the track.

I didnt really have anywhere to host my music, so I put together a quick little BS collage of the Mach & laid the track over it & put it on my Photobucket page. The sound quality would be better, but photobucket compressed the sh#t out of it....Anyway, hope yall like it....Pump it loud too because the bass slaps!!!!!

CHASE MOORE "Holla @ ME". Produced by DJ EPIK.....

View attachment 283411

Here is another 1. Its just a beat as of right now, but ITS A BANGER!!!! I spliced in some pics of the notch on this 1....

For all of you music heads out there see if u can guess where the sample came from. I have 1 clue, its from a popular 80's song....

View attachment 283413

Here are a few links to some of my work thats on a national & worldwide level....

YouTube - can u shout

YouTube - The Grouch and Eligh - No More Greener Grasses

YouTube - The Grouch : Yardwork

YouTube - Mos Def

YouTube - MC Eiht & Spice 1 "So Damn Crazy"

YouTube - OMINA LABS BUST KEEP MOVEN FE ZION I CHUCK T & BLEE

YouTube - Brotha Lynch Hung-Good Night

BTW Mods, I know this is the 4.6 forum, but most of my Stangnet friends are here, & the banana hammock doesnt get as much traffic....

Thanks for listening...

-EPIK:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome man, always cool to hear a fellow musicians work. Even though hip hop isn't my style, I do appreciate good music no matter what it's form and you definatly have talent...:nice:

yeah fo reals, anything new out? been waiting to get more stuff from you if you got it....

been listening to epik for about a year now :nice: extremely talented guy and would recommend you all to get some of his stuff.. it's very well worth it!

Awesome man, always cool to hear a fellow musicians work. Even though hip hop isn't my style, I do appreciate good music no matter what it's form and you definatly have talent...:nice:

Thanks bro... Im glad that even though u say hip hop isnt your style, u are still showing respect for good talent & music...On SVTP, those douche bags on there were calling it crap, & it hurts when people degrade something that u work very hard on, & put your heart into. I am well aware that alot of people hate hip hop music, thus the reason I titled the thread "ATTN: Hip Hop lovers" that way they would know that the thread was about hip hop, & they wouldn't need to click on it. But they chose to read it, & then proceeded to be dicks & spread negativity. I personally dont get the reasoning behind it. Like mom always said, if u can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.....

Sorry for rambling on, once again thanks for the props....:D

i was being sarcastic. lol the beat with your notch in it sounds good though.

Thank u sir!!!:nice:

you making any new mixes anytime soon mang?

yeah fo reals, anything new out? been waiting to get more stuff from you if you got it....

been listening to epik for about a year now :nice: extremely talented guy and would recommend you all to get some of his stuff.. it's very well worth it!

Thanks for the support guys. Nothing new on the market yet, but soon, very soon....:flag:

Thanks bro... Im glad that even though u say hip hop isnt your style, u are still showing respect for good talent & music...On SVTP, those douche bags on there were calling it crap, & it hurts when people degrade something that u work very hard on, & put your heart into. I am well aware that alot of people hate hip hop music, thus the reason I titled the thread "ATTN: Hip Hop lovers" that way they would know that the thread was about hip hop, & they wouldn't need to click on it. But they chose to read it, & then proceeded to be dicks & spread negativity. I personally dont get the reasoning behind it. Like mom always said, if u can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.....

Sorry for rambling on, once again thanks for the props....:D

Yeah man I hear you. I definatly don't hate hip-hop, there are a few artists I like listening to. I'm into metal and rock but I have no problem listening to good music no matter what genre it is, I can pretty much be into anything.

I can understand people having different tastes in music but like you said, it's hurtful when people go out and bash something you take pride in making just because it isn't their cup of tea.

The reason people doing that is because they can't have an open mind towards anything they personally don't like. Or at least that would be my assumption about it... I've experienced it too, and it sucks but what can you do...

Keep up the good work...:nice:

i like it. im not a huge rap / hip hop fan but i do like a beat that hooks you and pounds you with deep bass. your music certainly delivers on that big time.

i hear ya on the SVTP thing though, the problem over there is that most of those guys are gun loving, southern, very conservative republicans. they dont like anything that is outside their comfort bubble....and on svtp that means country and classic rock. (i dont like country at all) im not saying that i dont love me some Led Zeppelin or Bob Segar, but they wouldn't know a good beat if it punched them in the taint.

I do have to say that you obviously have ALOT of talent! Actually sounds good...and im NOT a hip hop guy in the area of the rap style beats...I like just the beat on only a FEW and yours were darn good, especially for being pure rap style beats.

Now I dont like the lyrics at all...anyone can make up and start ryming all sorts of profanity...although they are good at what the do I just cant stand listening to them "rap", mainly because most of it doesnt make any sense and there is soooo much attitude it just ticks me off LOL. Obviously you have nothing to do with that though :)
Some of the early Eminem stuff I could stand for instance....along with a few other rappers on some songs.

Now as far as the peeps dancing in some of those vids...LOL. :lol: Dang...

Thanks for all the compliments fellas. i am really honored & pleased that u guys would actually give it a listen even though hip hop/rap is not your thing... & thanks for recognizing the hard work, time, & soul that i put into my craft....

Zeevan...Good ear man!!! U hit the nail on the head... I sampled it from Journey "seperate ways"

YouTube - Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

I didnt just go steal the sample & loop it though. I sampled it, cut it into bits & peices, rearranged it, reversed it, u name it.... It takes alot of time & a good ear to make a sample work right....

I dig all types of music. everything from Journey, to snoop dogg, to Metallica, to Bob marley etc....

Here is my collection & equipment....

Its an Akai MPC2000XL (mpc= midi production center) & its basically a drum machine/sampler & I produce most of my music on it... & the turntable setup is 2 Technics 1200's, & a Numark mixer, along with too much vinyl to count.....

View attachment 283154
View attachment 283156
View attachment 283158
View attachment 283161
View attachment 283163

Your beats ARE good even though they don't catch my ears except for "No Greener Grasses" thats definitely is my style, I love that soulfullness to it....like The Strange Fruit Project, I can't get enough of em....what do you use to lay everything out and render? Pro-Tools?...My Set-up is a Edirol Pcr-m50 controller, FL Studio and Ableton live...

EPIK

Glad to see another beatmaker/producer on here.

I finally decided to do a myspace page yesterday, after years of not having one. I just have to get some buddies/friends. Mike Dean is my only friend so far. :rlaugh:

I've got some of my tracks on there though.

MySpace.com - Mossberg Slim - Producer Extraordinaire - Atlanta (L'ville), Georgia - Rap / R&B / Funk - www.myspace.com/motownmossberg

A pic of my old setup

thestudio.jpg

Attachments

• thestudio.jpg
    thestudio.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 102
Pretty sweet, love that Mos Def jam. You've also got a hell of a vinyl collection too (Technics fan here as well, SL-22, no fancy 1200s:()

Its nice to see that you're still making beats on hardware and a set of turntables, instead of being completely software based like so many people are doing nowadays. Happen to have any old Roland gear in that collection?? (TR-808, TB-303??)

Well Epik I gave it a go. Rap, hippity hoppity and R&B are just not my cup of tea (I listen to rock and alternative) I tried it out and you have some great tallent there buddy :nice: :cheers:

Of course I have no idea who any of thoes artists are you name dropped..... I feel old :(

Well Epik I gave it a go. Rap, hippity hoppity and R&B are just not my cup of tea (I listen to rock and alternative) I tried it out and you have some great tallent there buddy :nice: :cheers:

Of course I have no idea who any of thoes artists are you name dropped..... I feel old :(

well you are in texas, the only things that come from texas are steers and queers....and i dont think steers can type....so that leaves.....uhhh yeah.....

:eek::eek::D:D:D