Attn: people w/Foxes and crappy seatbelts..?

cjman15 said:
My belts don't retract either when the door is closed... but if I open it quick, it reels right back in... when you see a guy driving down the highway doing 75 and he opens his door, you'll know it's me......ha
Thats the way mine where then it just stoped going in. I bought a set off of ebay and they work ok dont go back that fast. They dont have the cable on them like the older models, My old ones cable broke, i thought the dang thing was the door light button but it turned out it when to the seat belt. now my new ones dont have it and i have a huge hole right there. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

NosPony said:
Yea, 5 points are legal. Atleast in Illinios. I have been pulled over numerous times and no problems with seat belts. That is state, county, and city. I have bad luck.

AFAIK, there was only one company to produce legal harnesses, and they may not be making them anymore (last I heard). Chances are that the police who pulled you over feel the same way you do -- that they are safer.

Unfortunately, it's not true -- unless you have a cage. If you have no cage -- but are strapped in tight and get into an accident, you could be in trouble. :(

As for making them work -- I already gave my input. Cleaning them as much as possible and making sure the door button is free to move in and out is what worked for me.

The seat belts on my '84 coupe still retract like they should and they are original. However, the belt material is looking a little frayed.

I would also like to know about a SN95 seatbelt conversion to update these into my fox. Anyone done this with factory looking results? Please post up with a step by step with some pics.

Also have an extra set of fronts in my garage from an '85 DPS coupe that still seem to lockup correctly if anyone wants to try them out.

If it is not DOT stamped, then it is not DOT/Street legal (5 point). Even my late 00 taurus had the spring retraction problem. The belt did grab under an accident situation. My wife tested it. I also tested my 14year old truck belts and they worked fine.

I dont see why any ford brand belt couldnt be made to work. As long as it is the same style vehicle (IE hardtop no auto belt). Every unit I have ever seen was basically the same.

Here is a brand new (albeit expensive) option for those serious about safety.

http://secure.50resto.com/product1....nID=V9aFJrCU2nOZr2DspVu3&SID=1&Product_ID=508