ATTN! Polkageek or Blackvert!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I made it home from work! YES!

Yes i did! thanks man. Yea car situation is tricky. It really wants to throw the belt down low.. Was whining for a day or so i noticed it and thought it was just the cold temps. it got loud the other night and i knew something was up. I pinned it at the alt. Then the battery light popped on on the way to work and i had to keep giving it gas to stay alive... I can feel it in the clutch even. That bearing is good as toast.

I was able to stop and pick up the alt on the way home... But i need a jack to jack up the motor to get the alt out... I dont have one here :(

Or many tools for that matter:nonono:

damn i just saw this. sorry i didn't see it in time to help, but i am glad you made it home ok. i have a jack you can borrow. ********** to figure out if or how we can get it to you

Chris! thanks alot! I made some phone calls and my grandfather was able to drive down tools, ramps, jack stands, and a jack to my uncles house in st. michales. I was able to limp the car there (thank you focus for being stupid reliable.) There i proceeded to remove the alt in the freezing cold his place is near the water and the wind was really bad.

If you have ever seen under the hood of a focus you know the alternator is in the worst possible place to get to... Wedged under about everything (PS resiveour, coolant tank, fuel rails, EVAP, and many brackets)

DSCF0004.jpg

Pics from when i did this on the G/F's focus like 2 years ago
IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

and next to the frame rail. The motor needs to be jacked up and the alt needs to be pryed out... Well long story short... a little over an hour in the dark and i had it out. Unlike the mustang where im scared to scratch my engine bay i hammered brackets out of the way and after about 20 minutes of prying and pulling i got the alt out.

ONLY TO FIND! AUTOZONE GAVE ME THE WRONG PART..... NOW ITS 8:40 .... i called the local autozone, they were more then helpful stayed the extra 10minutes for me to get there and gave me a discount... im calling corporate to give my thanks tomorrow.

That cost me about an hour... i got back to my uncles and put the thing back in... Car runs like a champ... 161k and counting...:nice:

Could of delt without the snow toward the end though... lol

Thank you to my grandfather, uncle and family for bailing me out!
also big thanks to you too chris!