• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Audio issue strange

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billy8380
  • Start date Start date Feb 18, 2008
B

Billy8380

New Member
Jan 1, 2008
68
0
0
Feb 18, 2008
#1
  • Feb 18, 2008
  • #1
Since I bought my car I have had this issue, just strange wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

Intermittently when I get in my car it is on AM radio like it reset but the wierd thing is, I hit the FM button and all my stations are still programmed just have to reconfigure the bass and treble. I am still running the factory 460 system.
 

HGFireHazard

Member
Apr 10, 2005
460
0
17
Michigan
Feb 18, 2008
#2
  • Feb 18, 2008
  • #2
Strange indeed.

I can't figure any electrical problem wiring into the radio that would cause that, so if I had to guess I'd say the radio itself was having internal issues.

I don't know jack about the inside of radios, but if I had this problem it would be a good time to upgrade to the aftermarket.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Strange timing issue
  • 92 Bimini Blue
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
14
Views
283
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sunday at 11:53 AM
highplace11
H
B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
230
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
535
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
440
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?