Authentic Parts For 1966 Convertible

DecorGroup1966

Jun 18, 2014
I own a very clean (California Car) straight 6, 1966 Mustang Convertible and would like to replace some of my electrical parts with authentic parts. Just for kicks I entered my car in a concourse competition some years ago and placed 3rd as was dinged for many of the aftermarket parts not being authentic like the battery, starter solenoid, etc.
I am having some problems with starting the car right now, so when I figure out what needs replaced, I'd like to replace what needs replaced with authentic parts that would pass in a concourse competition. Unfortunately, I misplaced the inspection report from the last competition. What brand of parts do I need to make it authentic? Where do I get them?

Thanks in Advance
CustomDecor1966 in Fort Wayne Indiana

• Sponsors (?)

I used to hunt the wrecking yards for coils ,starter solenoids and voltage regulators we would even collect bolts to have the correct heads ,we even had a trick to give a phosphate appearance on the old bolts .Those old parts would out last any of the new ones ,we used to come up with some pretty clean coils .Never had very good luck with the replacement batteries ,they just didn't last very long . The new replacement starter solenoids tend to stick ,very embarrassing at a car show .My brother would restore those old pieces to look as good as new . You can find new old stock parts ,Ebay is a good place to look ,they will be a bit pricey but if they are original parts they will probably be worth it . And welcome to Stangnet :welcome: