Resolved Auto trans help

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
Had a trans cooler line blow on 94 gt. My son drove the car until it wouldn't move anymore. I fixed the line, filled the trans back up (took just under 3 qts), and.... nothing. Wont engage at all. Am I missing something, or should I assume the trans is fried? Thanks for any help and direction

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have the tools and facilities to drop the pan?

If so, are you also prepared to remove and reinstall the transmission, if necessary?

If not, I would warm it up, check the level again. Short of that, it may be time to find a shop nearby.

How long did this go on?
Hard to know, but from what he told me, once he started felling it "act up", about a mile before he pulled it into a parking lot.
Do you have the tools and facilities to drop the pan?

If so, are you also prepared to remove and reinstall the transmission, if necessary?

If not, I would warm it up, check the level again. Short of that, it may be time to find a shop nearby.
I can drop the pan no problem, and remove the trans to take to a shop if that's what it will take.

Reactions: 1 user
Hard to know, but from what he told me, once he started felling it "act up", about a mile before he pulled it into a parking lot.

I can drop the pan no problem, and remove the trans to take to a shop if that's what it will take.
Yeah, that's probably what I'd do next. If you find it full of burned fluid and silver mud, you probably know what comes next.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user