Autolite 4100 float height, adjustments

JC Mustang

Founding Member
Nov 1, 2000
Layton, UT
Hi guys--I don't have the '66 shop manual, so I'm swimming around the internet looking for the proper adjustment settings for my 4100. I know how to make all the adjustments, just not to what specifications. I have found a scan from a Ford manual, but I can't tell what year it is, that indicates the dry float level should be between 0.465 and 0.435 inches from the top (gasket) surface of the main body, is this correct for 1966? It does not have any of the other specifications in the scan, just the directions.

Also, if someone can provide the jet sizes, fuel level, choke plate clearance, and which hole the accelerator pump lever goes in for the '66 289, I would be much obliged.

thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys--I don't have the '66 shop manual, so I'm swimming around the internet looking for the proper adjustment settings for my 4100. I know how to make all the adjustments, just not to what specifications. I have found a scan from a Ford manual, but I can't tell what year it is, that indicates the dry float level should be between 0.465 and 0.435 inches from the top (gasket) surface of the main body, is this correct for 1966? It does not have any of the other specifications in the scan, just the directions.

Also, if someone can provide the jet sizes, fuel level, choke plate clearance, and which hole the accelerator pump lever goes in for the '66 289, I would be much
The initial float setting is 29/64. The choke plate clearance is 3/16 and the accelerator lever goes in the 3rd hole from the bottom. Sorry, don't know about the correct jet sizes

Also, if someone can provide the jet sizes, fuel level, choke plate clearance, and which hole the accelerator pump lever goes in for the '66 289, I would be much obliged.

thanks!

hello

lify up on the float and set it to 1/2" bear the free end.

the jets are too small in these. they are 48 or 49. if you are near sea level and your engine has been bored out, buy a number 55 number drill and drill them out.

hello

lify up on the float and set it to 1/2" bear the free end.

the jets are too small in these. they are 48 or 49. if you are near sea level and your engine has been bored out, buy a number 55 number drill and drill them out.

the other end of the pump rod goes in the inner hole on the pump.

surface the pump and power valve housings so they are flat.

A lot of this info will be included in the instructions in a good rebuild kit. I do not know how far you can go without needing at least some of the parts in a kit anyway.