Autometer oil pressure gauge install

1fast95stang

May 19, 2008
I have a 95 mustang with a procharger on it and need to install a new oil pressure gauge. The old sender still works i just want a new accurate gauge. It would save a lot of hassel if i can just use the old sender and run a new wire. With the prochager it makes the powersteering pump get right in the way of where a new sender would have to go. So i would have to run an oil line to the firewall and mount the new sender there. Anyone know if the old sender would work with a new autometer gauge. Or if there is any other place on a 95 mustang to install an oil pressure sender. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The OEM sender won't work. It isn't even calibrated (the Factory manual calls it a switch, because it reads in the middle when above 6 PSI).

As you noted, running a braided line to a remote location is your best bet. You could mount it to the PS bracket to minmize the amount of braided line needed.

Good luck.

Heres what I did.

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

I use a mechanical oil pressure guage in the dash, ran a 6 ft braided line to it and bought some 1/8" fittings from Ace hardware.
With my setup it I can get an accuarate reading and my stock needle isn't dead.