Autometer Wiring for 68 Eleanor clone

My brother in law is doing an Eleanor conversion to his 68 Mustang. I was helping him with the wiring yesterday, and we ran into a snag. The Autometer dash pod doesn't match the connectors in the Painless harness. We're looking for a pinout diagram for the pod.

They look pretty much just like these if it helps...

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 | Finding The Elusive Carroll Shelby Signature Gauges

I know, it's kinda vague... can anyone help?

• Sponsors (?)

The place you got the pod from can't help with a pinout on the connector? i assume you got the pod prebuilt? You may have to trace each wire and pull the instructions off the Autometer site to map out you own pinout diagram. If someone were to have the pinout, they will need to know who makes the inst cluster you have. You say the link "looks" like the one you have. Who is the vendor that supplied the pod?

I'll have to ask to confirm... but he bought as much of the kit as he could from Unique Performance's liquidation, so they are probably those gauges. I know the faces had the same Cobra graphic and the rest of the construction was just like it.

Ohhhh...well then, you most likly have to draw a diagram and trace each wire. One wire should gang all the grounds together, one should gang all the gauge illuminatin bulbs together, one will gang all the 12v gauge feeds for the gauges that require 12v (I think all of them will) One will be a tach wire, if the speedo is electronic-one wire to the speed sensor, one to the temp sender, one to the oil press sender, one to the fuel sender, and so on. Once you have a set of Autometer instructions, you should be able to figure out your pin out.