autozone 130 amp 94-95 mustang alternator warranty help.

mrqwink

Apr 24, 2005
I purchased a 130amp alternator for my 95 GT 3 yrs ago at autzone. I tried taking it back today for the lifetime warranty. The guy at autozone said it was not under my warranty info under my phone number. I did not save my receipt, so I cant exchange it. I was hoping one of my fellow mustang enthus will be willing to let me use their phone number so I wont have to shell out another $150. Any help will be appreciated. My alternator stil have the durlast sticker on it, but they wont exchange it. Someone please help me out. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

should have bought it at Oreillys... AZ sucks for warranty help

Its actually pretty damn great IMO. Oreillys may just now be getting to the point of registering your warranty in the computer, but AZ has been there for years. Besides...this is not the store's fault. Its the customers fault for not knowing the phone number its under.

I dont have a warranty for an alternator....good luck!

Even if you have a receipt at Autozone it doesn't do **** for you, because they don't exchange it unless it is under your phone number. I think I bought one there a long time ago.

Try
386-320-0360 or 386-235-8634

Kurt

Hey I work for them and I gotta tell you the amount of cooperation you get from them changes drastically from 1 store to the next. Go back to the store, or pick a different one near it, and have them test it if you haven't done so already. If it test bad try and get it swapped again. They can look up warranty stuff by first name, last name and zip code. If you can't find the info and they won't work with you. Ask for the district manager's phone number. If that doesn't light a fire under them, call the DM and give em he'll. I guarantee no store manager wants to hear from their DM about pretty much anything. Raise enough hell on the DM angle and they'll usually cave. where do you live by the way?

Do just what FastFox said.. I'm a GM for AAP and its don't matter where you go from AAP, AZ or O'r it really does depend on the Store Manager, they are the one that sets the pace for the Store... Before you talk the DM try talking to the Store Manager 1st and if that don't work ask for Corps and the DM phone numbers..