Awesome day picking up my 2011 GT!!!! Finally!!

jbrillo

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2000
Houston
We were coming home from a friends birthday party today at about 2pm. I fell asleep on the ride home only to be awakened by my wife yelling at me. We were on I-45 slugishly moving along with all the people heading to Galveston. My wife says,"you see that truck?". It's a car carrier full of 2011 Mustangs. One just happens to be Kona Blue with brembos(what I ordered). And my cars ETA was 9/8. So we pull up next to the truck driver(traffic not moving). I asked him which dealership he was headed to & when he said the name of my dealership, I said,"that's my car on your truck.....I'll see you at the dealership in a few minutes!". Head to the dealership just in time to see it rolling off the truck & in line to be detailed. Met the truck driver who turned out to be a really cool guy. The guy detailing the cars says, this is a nice car, but let me show you something. I head into the building where they do all the detailing & he hands me the keys to a black GT500 'vert w/red racing stripes. I get to fire it up & give a few good revs. It sounded amazing! Very nice, too bad it was $62K!!! I then asked the guy to be sure they don't drill holes for the license plate frame up front, I'll do it myself(yeah right!). He says, "no problem". Go & do all the paperwork, test drove it & ended up talking with the new sales manager who has a 2011 CS/GT. He already had a Steeda cold-air w/Evolution tune & Corsa exhaust. That Corsa exhaust sounded really bad a$$. My wife told me she wants me to get that. I said, "OK!!!". Cool guy too. Paper work finally gets done & to top things off, they let me take my K & N out of the 2010 & put the 2011's paper filter in the 2010 I traded in. Worked out pretty darn good. It was an awesome day. I will post pic's tomorrow as I am completely pooped out. Got out of dealership around 6pm & have been driving around visiting friends & family that wanted to check it out. Stay tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

I got Kona Blue as well

I picked up my GT Premium last Friday, love it.
The Kona Blue is an amazing color almost like the Mystic of a several years back, under different light it appears black or even purpuly. My first choice was Sterling Gray but glad I got Kona Blue instead.
Mileage so far 21.7 mpg city/some highway up to 80 mph with a few hard accels.

You got a cool wife. What gears did you get with the car?

I got the 3.73's. I've had them in every Mustang I've owned. I test drove one with them too before I ordered & they were perfect. I also got the security package & the black interior w/grabber blue accent. Oh, & thanks. I do have a cool wife. She's still disappointed to this day that I won't make my mustangs as loud as the one that I had when we met in college. I keep telling her that I want them to be emissions legal.

I will post pic's later this afternoon. I have my fantasy football draft in 2-hours & need to finish prepping for it.

mycaptainchris,

You'll know if it's me if you see a kona blue with paper plates & an old looking Houston Texans license plate frame around it. I've been passing it on from car to car for the last 8yrs. Also, by Tuesday, I'll have the windows tinted!

You'll know if it's me if you see a kona blue with paper plates & an old looking Houston Texans license plate frame around it. I've been passing it on from car to car for the last 8yrs. Also, by Tuesday, I'll have the windows tinted!

I'll keep my eyes well and truly open. I'm in a red Sport-trac V8 (with MD Anderson plates) so don't freak out if a guy in a sport-trac is trying to get your attention.

mycaptainchris,

I will be on the look out.

UltraBlue,

Thanks! Here's a couple of quick pics. I haven't been home much today to take pictures. I'll post some nice ones after I get a chance to take some.

DSCN1842.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

drop dead gorgeous!

THAT is one AWESOME dealership you picked. Sounds like the entire thing came out of a dream! Congratulations and props on not only one HOT 5.0, but for sharing that epic story!

Hope she drives just as beautifully as you hoped!

I like the colour on both.

What dealer was it?

It was McRee Ford.

And yes, the Candy Red was my 2010 that I traded in. I made money off the trade in, that's why I pulled the trigger on the '11. If I was upside down, I wouldn't have done it. It will be the last new mustang I buy for quite awhile.

She drives every bit as good as I had hoped & more. Love hearing that thing rev. It's music to my ears!

I'm glad I could share the story. It was really amazing. It was almost movie like. That kinda stuff just doesn't seem to really happen. I still pinch myself every time I walk in the garage to be sure it's really there & I'm not dreaming.

How did you make money on the trade?? I traded in my '04 on a '10 a few months ago, ended up about $4k upside down on the '04 but went from 12% financing to 0% financing on the '10, and the '04 was hurting in the engine department. I had debated waiting on an '11, but I didn't think the '04 would last, and after going from the SN95 to the '10 I am overly impressed with the car, so I can only imagine what 100 more HP and a 6 speed would be like.

How did you make money on the trade?? I traded in my '04 on a '10 a few months ago, ended up about $4k upside down on the '04 but went from 12% financing to 0% financing on the '10, and the '04 was hurting in the engine department. I had debated waiting on an '11, but I didn't think the '04 would last, and after going from the SN95 to the '10 I am overly impressed with the car, so I can only imagine what 100 more HP and a 6 speed would be like.

I wanted an '11 when I first heard they'd have the 5.0 like a year & a half ago. Well, about a year ago the car I was driving got totalled by a driver not paying attention. It was paid off. I needed a new car & ended up with the 2010 GT. Also, I was going to have it paid off in 4-years. So, I acutally made some money off of the trade in. I have never traded in a car that wasn't paid off. This was an exception b/c this is the one I was saving for in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the 2010 is still a great car. But the 2011 is better. It will be staying in my garage for a long, long time.