Awesome Sounding Muffler With No Drone Or Interior Noise

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Anyone have any suggestions on a awesome sounding muffler with no or very little drone?? I have some Bassani's on a truck project of mine and they have too much interior noise and drone, I'm looking for a muffler reasonably priced that is quite with a nice tone to it

• Sponsors (?)

Ah, the age old question. From what I understand, the new Dynomax VT muffer is the ONLY one built right now that completely eliminates drone. All others (while reduced) still display some measurable amount of it.

Dynomax super turbo looks like the best option for the sound I want, and it's priced well to boot!

It would have to beat these burned out bassani's!

This is what I have. I don't find them to have too much drone yet still loud enough to be enjoyable. I also have an O/R h-pipe, so I lose quite a bit of attenuation from the missing catalytic converters.

I've been through Super Turbo's, Ultra-Flow's, Borla's, Magnaflows, Walker Quiet-Flows...they ALL DRONE, unless you're running longtubes. The only things that don't drone are Dynomax VT's, which I currently run, or run the mufflers of your choice that have the sound you like, and adding capped 1/4 wave cancellation pipes.

Video of Dynomax VT's on my mustang, with the microphone under the console directly below the armrest.

Decible readings before and after putting 1/4 wave tubes on my G8 GT, and the only reason I don't have them on my Mustang is I have no room for them with a catted H-pipe, torque arm, and panhard bar. 1o dB difference means it's half as loud now as it was before in the drone zone, which no longer exists on this car.

Oldnopipesjpg.jpg

Newpipesjpg.jpg