Progress Thread Back With A Fox Again.

That brake fluid looks dark. You might want to consider bleeding your brakes as well at some point

I'm going to change the wheel cylinders. Since I have to bleed the breaks, I was going to flush out old fluid. Also thinking of changing front also just so there new. There in good shape but if rears are going to be new I was thinking do fronts also.

I moved to Timmins with my girlfriend. Started a new job at a garage. So now I have somewhere to work on my car with a hoist. Tonight I changed rear brakes, axle bearings and seals. Put in some new oil and friction modifier. Royal Purple 75W140 synthetic.

The wheel cylinder on the right side was leaking for a while. The left side was starting to get wet. Back brakes will be good for now, till I change it to discs with 5 bolt.

Getting deep in her rear end. Would of liked to change the gears while I was in there. That will be another project, maybe some 3.73's.

Tim Hortons break lol.

Putting the new drum brakes back together. Stupid me, I took both sides apart. Its been to long since I played with drum brakes.

Nothing like some good Royal Purple synthetic gear oil.

Time to bleed the brakes.

Another little project done. That much closer to being on the road. Safety very soon. Can NOT wait!!

Reactions: 3 users
Nice progress.

Only time I ever messed with my drum brakes was when I took them off and tossed them in the trash to put on rear disk [emoji2]

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Well she went in today for her safety. Happy to say she passed. Now just waiting for insurance slips. Hope to be driving her this weekend. While it was on the hoist my buddy notice the water pump is starting to leak. So I guess I am going to be doing a water pump in the near future. Have to catch up on all the little things she needs. All in due time. Lots of plans for her as she is not for sale!!

Some pictures for the insurance. All four corners they wanted.

She is not perfect but she is mine.

Since she is on the road now. Time for more maintenance. Change the tranny fluid. Some Royal Purple will do.

Oil was really burnt, in a manual.

I also changed the fuel filter. Looks like it has not been touched in years.

Taking her to work for the first time. Have to stop and get some timmies.

Over the weekend I wash her up then went and took some pics.

The wheels I am getting for my car for now. 17x7.5 Core Racing Drift black. Getting a good deal on the so can't go wrong.

Next is to change the water pump. Then clean motor, change valve cover gaskets and paint valve covers and intake. See how that turns out.

[QUOTE="

Next is to change the water pump. Then clean motor, change valve cover gaskets and paint valve covers and intake. See how that turns out.[/QUOTE]

I'd order a set of new water pump bolts from LMR and make sure you put anti sieze on them.

Reactions: 1 users
[QUOTE="

Next is to change the water pump. Then clean motor, change valve cover gaskets and paint valve covers and intake. See how that turns out.

I'd order a set of new water pump bolts from LMR and make sure you put anti sieze on them.[/QUOTE]

I did not think about getting new bolts. Thank you. Might have to wait a bit now.

I was going to take my car to work this week. I leave the drive way, my exhaust breaks and falls off. So today I tie it up and limp her to work. Put her on the hoist and got to work. Some 2.5 pipe and two glass packs later and there is some what of a exhaust on her. LOL.

Disturbed the peace for years. Lol Time to get to work.

Reactions: 1 user
While I had my car at the shop. I changed my clutch for my fan and added some stop leak and coolant to the rad.

See if the stop leak works. Would rather change the water pump. I might do something else. My 306 is sitting on the stand. Not much left to do so I can installer. Might finish it up and drop it in next summer. Its nothing special but would be rebuilt motor.