Backseat removel?

2bfeard

Sep 24, 2004
Covington
How do you remove the backseat in a 06 Mustang? I got some bad gas and I need to remove the pump and blow out the gas line, and pump the gas out!!!!!!!!! I guess a new fuel filter is a dealer only part? Thanks Gregg

• Sponsors (?)

at the bottom of the cushion, stick your hand about 1.5" in from the trim panel (where it goes toward the center of the car). reach in, and there is a small plastic clip to push in. push straight in, and then pull. there is one clip for each side.

100_0532.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0532.jpg
    100_0532.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_0533.jpg
    100_0533.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 85
Thanks

Many thanks for this info. A picture is really worth a 1000 words. Is there a fuel pump cover, or something under there? I have been wanting to install a Ford GT fuel pump.

under the seat is a large round plug. its just like a body plug or grommet, only larger. pull that up, and you have topside access to the pump.

under the seat is a large round plug. its just like a body plug or grommet, only larger. pull that up, and you have topside access to the pump.

Well thanks so much.. I suppose common sense would dictate that you do this work with as little gas as possible in the tank to keep from making a mess inside the car. A big help sir and I thank you again, now I know what to expect and what to do.:hail2:

Fuel pump!!!

The fuel pump is under the driver side rear seat under a six inch rubber gromet, the passenger side has the same gromet and it's for the fuel gage. The tank does not need to be less than 3/4 full as you access everything from the top. I pumped out all the gas last night and it was bad, looked very cloudy and had water in it, tonight I will be changing out the fuel filter, and taking this gas back to the station it was bought from!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Thanks

The fuel pump is under the driver side rear seat under a six inch rubber gromet, the passenger side has the same gromet and it's for the fuel gage. The tank does not need to be less than 3/4 full as you access everything from the top. I pumped out all the gas last night and it was bad, looked very cloudy and had water in it, tonight I will be changing out the fuel filter, and taking this gas back to the station it was bought from!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I really appreciate your telling me this, it will speed things up. But Im sorry you had to pump out a tank of gas! I mean that totally sucks big time :nonono:

At least you had the presense of mind to scope out this problem and deal with it before it screwed you car up in a big way. Man I hope you can at the very least get your money back from the gas station, but I wouldnt bet on it. Smart move on your part in dealing with the problem. I have to assume it was running like ****!

I really appreciate your telling me this, it will speed things up. But Im sorry you had to pump out a tank of gas! I mean that totally sucks big time :nonono:

At least you had the presense of mind to scope out this problem and deal with it before it screwed you car up in a big way. Man I hope you can at the very least get your money back from the gas station, but I wouldnt bet on it. Smart move on your part in dealing with the problem. I have to assume it was running like ****!

It won't start. Tonight i'm takin the gas back to the station, after telling him i would take the rest of the week off and stand out in front of his staion with a sigh talking about his gas, He decided he would cover all cost to fix!!! I'll post more wednesday!!!!!!

Fuel pump!!!!

Last night I changed out the fuel pump, it's a dealer only part. The pump is located under the driver side of the car under a cheep black cover to keep dirt and to protect from curb hopping damage. It takes less than 5 min to change out. I also blew out the fuel lines. Car is back up and running.:D