Bama Vs Steeda Tuning For An '06 Gt?

42Grover

Oct 4, 2014
Canada
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a Steeda CAI for my '06 GT soon, and have been trying to gather an idea on whether Bama/American Muscle or Steeda is the better tuner. I've been searching through old forums trying to get a consensus and am still undecided.

What I've put together so far is..
-Bama has more aggressive tuning, but has a here-and-there lightly-dotted track record when it comes to their tunes (that said, one incident is not an epidemic, see: Steeda vs Bama custom tunes | Mustang Forums at StangNet
-Steeda hasn't had any issues with tuning that I've heard of, although this trend adheres to the golden rule (no-pain-no-gain haha) so in some cases the tunes have less "bite" than they could otherwise (see: Bama or steeda?

Aside from this, their prices are relatively the same with the only exception being that Steeda is (currently) putting their CAI/Tuner set on sale at $679.95, while AM's equivalent is $739.99. My original plan was to commit to AM as my dealer for aftermarket parts, but if Steeda is the better tuner, now is a good opportunity to hop onto their bandwagon.

Given that the S197 Mustang is running on 10 Years old, I'm sure Steeda and Bama have perfected their respective tunes, so the only remaining question is: Who's on top?

• Sponsors (?)

Both are great tunes ... but we write ours to be very safe, reliable & powerful. You are right ... there are other tunes out there that will yield better gains ... but at what cost?

Our tunes have a flawless track record & I am sure you have seen many, many positive reviews with our tunes.

Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] for pricing on the combo ... you will be very happy with the both the Steeda tune with tunes for life & the Steeda CAI.

You can trust the Steeda name & we have been in the Mustang game for a long time!

I look forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

TJ