Looking For Experienced Opinions

CarolinaCoyote14

Feb 7, 2017
Hi guys, I'm new here and looking for general opinions based on experience and testing from yall. I have a 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with the track package and want to put a little money into her to get some more out of her. My "wants" are...
1)Full exhaust
2)Tuner with possible dyno runs for more specific tunes
3)CAI

So what I want to know is what is going to be my best option for a full exhaust assuming mine is all stock and I want it LOUD. I want performance as well as an increased sound from the exhaust, hence the full exhaust. I have looked into mid pipes and decided an off-road x-pipe would fit my style the best due to the higher rumble and flow it allows. What should I do with the cats? what headers are going to be the best without breaking the bank and what Roush axle backs are loud? Noise isn't a problem so you don't have to warn me about that nonsense. Also what is a round number for installation of a full exhaust labor included obviously. Now on to tuners...I've been doing my research on these as well and found that Lund seems to be better than BAMA tuners, but SCT "is the best" for stangs? do yall have preferences with a certain tuner? how crucial is it that I get a custom dyno tune if I go with a tuner versus just plugging it in and letting it work off what its got? Any benefits of getting a CAI with a tuner as a package deal? What CAI do yall run and what gains have yall found? ANY info or opinions are appreciated greatly! Just wanting to put about $3k into my stang and get her quicker than most on the highways!

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me I'd skip the CAI completely........absolutely NO GAIN other than intake noise!!:notnice:

As far as exhaust you won't gain much there either......X-pipe might make a few HP at high RPM's but most are irritatingly raspy so I prefer an H-Pipe!!:nice: You can make more exhaust noise but once again not much more power!!:nonono: BTW....I have a set of Borla S-Types for sale......see here: https://savannah.craigslist.org/pts/5990510413.html

Tuners with email tunes are all about the same and I chose BAMA for FREE lifetime upgrades and have been quite happy with them!!:nice:
To really make the most power for $$$'s spent put a good Supercharger or Turbo system on it.......ZOOM!!:banana::nice::nice:

Good Luck and enjoy your car....they are a BLAST to drive!!:D