Banjo bolts

GU3S GT

New Member
Mar 16, 2008
6
0
0
Im installing cobra brakes, and before i rip the caliper off i was wondering if the 99-up PBR banjo bolts are the same fine thread that is needed for the cobra calipers

Thanks
 
Nope, my 03-04 Mach 1 calipers are coarse threaded as well.

Ahh, I stand corrected. The only brakes that I saw when I was shopping showed that the course threaded kit were only used on the 10th anniversary kit, but it looks like they don't list the Mach kit in the parts catalog anymore it seems either.

But as far as the OP is concerned, it depends on which Cobra caliper is required. M-2321-A (the coarse threaded banjo bolt kit) only works with the kits that include the 10th anniversary calipers (M-2320-A and M-2320-AF).

Did you buy them from an online vendor in a kit? When I bought mine, the site said I would need the coarse threaded bolts.

Confirm what you bought here Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-2321-A] to make sure.
And enjoy the new brakes, they are a great upgrade :nice:
 
Bringing back a 2 week old thread, but I have a related question.

I'm also upgrading brakes to Cobras, but on a 97 GT. Anyone know if the banjo bolt from my stock 97 GT calipers will work for the new calipers or do I need to pick them up from the dealer? I have fine pitch threads on the Cobra calipers that I'm putting on... but they didn't come with the bolts. (yes, I got them used)

Note, these are actually C4 Corvette calipers but I've been told by several sources that the are the same as the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach1 calipers.