Battery Light backwards Please help!!

griffonsvixon

Feb 4, 2009
Just got though with changing the drivers side head on my 95 3.8 v6 and before everything was normal now that I have it back together and running the battery light comes on after turning the engine off, but when you start the enigine the battery light goes off. I already replaced the battery with a brand new one and problem is still persisting. What is wrong with my stang now?? Please help, any suggestions?
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Dumb question but you are turning the key off all the way? If this is correct then you may have a faulty voltage regulator on your alternator.Is your battery being drained while the car is off? Get a voltmeter (if you can) and test the voltage at the battery terminals,Test both with the car off and with the engine running.If you can't test then go up to Advanced auto or Napa and see if you can have someone come out with a meter and test for you.Need the exact voltage (decimal included). Also check the wiring going to the main harness connected to the alternator.Make sure there are no excessively loose or damaged wires.

battery light

yes the key is turned all the way to the off positions and taken out. And the light is on and if we leave the battery hooked up over night it will drain the battery completely. :mad: But when started the light goes off and has no problem restarting through out the day of using it. I will check all my wires and get them tested to make sure of what I'm dealing with. Thanks foe your help!