• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Battery Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alez
  • Start date Start date Jun 28, 2016
  • Tags Tags
    2005 alternator battery battery problems mustang
A

Alez

New Member
Mar 9, 2016
5
0
1
Phoenix, Az
Jun 28, 2016
#1
  • Jun 28, 2016
  • #1
Sup everyone, so I bought my Mustang off of someone about 5 months ago. The guy got me for sure when I test drove it everything was working fine. Long story short I have had to put in a lot of money to fix it up. One of the problems I have yet to figure out though is the battery light, it keeps turning on and off. With that being said the car has never turned off on me. The battery light just pops up randomly and it is becoming more frequent. I drive a 2005 V6 4.0L Mustang and it has 101,000 miles on it. I took it to Autozone and got the battery and alternator tested. Both passed and showed no problems. I also checked the fuse box and everything with that is fine. I am going to be checking the ground cables to see if anything is loose or shorted out. What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
12 mustang gt check charging battery light
  • millerj7950$
  • Jan 24, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
225
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 14, 2026
BossHorseGirl
B
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
Electrical Parasitic Draw, Fuse 8
  • N8827N
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
179
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
247
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Electrical Issues with my 2006 mustang gt
  • VerneVdV
  • May 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
171
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech May 22, 2026
VerneVdV
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?