Battery Relocation Kits...

mUsh

Founding Member
Jan 2, 2002
Calgary, AB
Anyone have any suggestions on which battery relocation kit I should buy (or should I just get some 0/2gauge wire and tack up a aluminum box?) I was looking at summit's battery trunk mount kit and it looks decent, but the wires dont look very heavy guage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Red_LX said:
I used Summit's kit in my Mustang, never had any problems with it. It comes with 1 gauge wire (I think) which works fine, some of the other kits don't even come with cables that big. Technically you're supposed to have a sealed box in a hatchback, but I don't...
I have the moroso sealed box with vent tube and I used the summit cable/bracket kit. I thought both were very complete and I've had no troubles.

Battery Box

351wcoupe said:
I have the moroso sealed box with vent tube and I used the summit cable/bracket kit. I thought both were very complete and I've had no troubles.

I HAVE A TAYLOR BOX IN MINE NICE UNIT MADE MY OWN CABLES.IF YOU RACE IT IT NEEDS TO BE BOLTED DOWN WITH 1/2 BOLTS AND VENTED ALSO NEED A KILL SWITCH MOUNTED IN THE REAR OF THE CAR WITH EASY ACCES.

Thanks alot for the replies guys. Well I do like the price on the summit kit, but the blue moroso box I think would just suit my car perfectly, I think I will purchase the moroso box and then go with the summit cable/mounting kit. This should give me something to do on the ol stang over christmas. Outta curiousity, will I have to drop my gas tank to bolt it down (I plan on mounting on passenger side). Or can I just drill some holes and only have to worry about piercing the filler tube? Sorry for the stupid question but without access to my car its hard to remember how much space there is inbetween the quarter panel and the gastank.