BBK Cold-Air Fenderwall Mount Question

satter_m

Apr 4, 2003
Akron, OH
Okay - I put the BBK CAI kit on a little while ago and everything works great. It is now probably time to clean the K&N Filter. However, getting to the filter in the fenderwall is a real PITA. Does anyone have any advice on how to get to it easier?? I had a friend help me with the install and he did the initial mounting of the filter. :shrug:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

satter_m said:
Okay - I put the BBK CAI kit on a little while ago and everything works great. It is now probably time to clean the K&N Filter. However, getting to the filter in the fenderwall is a real PITA. Does anyone have any advice on how to get to it easier?? I had a friend help me with the install and he did the initial mounting of the filter. :shrug:

Thanks!

Roll your car up on a ramp so you can sit next to the wheel well when you pull it out.
Take the two screws out from the bottom of the shield that seperates the engine from the fenderwell. Take the top screw out that holds the rubber piece in place. Than pull the metal shield back so you can see the hose clamp that holds the filter on. I think it's an 8 mm. Once you have loosend it up reach up under the front bumper and pull it out. Be carefull though because it's a tight fit and you don't want to damage any of the splines. Follow the filter charger kit directions to the T!!! You can ruin the filter if you don't.

Hope this helps

satter_m said:
Hey, that's exactly what i needed!!! Thanks for your help.
Glad I could help
Ford%20Bouncy.gif