BBK LONG TUBES

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Fred, how about the Ford Racing headers? You don't have to go with the Chrome (you can't see them under the hood) and I believe the price is very close ($329). The quality should speak for itself!

Hey Fred, how about the Ford Racing headers? You don't have to go with the Chrome (you can't see them under the hood) and I believe the price is very close ($329). The quality should speak for itself!

Thanks,
I did look at Ford headers but they are shorties and I want longtube. I talk to BBK yesterday and their new long tube headers will be out in a couple of weeks and I likwe their pricing.:nice:

Fred :flag:

Whats up. I was also thinking about purchasing some BBK LTs, and i found some for a little more than $500, and including the BBK x pipe it comes out a tad more than $750. That price is killer. Why are they so cheap is it the material they are made out of or is there a performance difference between JBA and BBK. Oh yeah and i read on this site that some of the JBA LTs are prone to rust. Are those headers not coated at all or are they the coated ones?

Whats up. I was also thinking about purchasing some BBK LTs, and i found some for a little more than $500, and including the BBK x pipe it comes out a tad more than $750. That price is killer. Why are they so cheap is it the material they are made out of or is there a performance difference between JBA and BBK. Oh yeah and i read on this site that some of the JBA LTs are prone to rust. Are those headers not coated at all or are they the coated ones?

Years ago BBk headers had fittment issues but have improved,JBA headers are really quite good but pricey. They do have ceramic coated headers that don't rust.

Thanks for the info man i really appreciate it. I think i will stick with BBK since they are so well priced. I do have one more question do LTs require a tune or do you just have to buy MIL eliminators. If you decide to get some BBKs let me know how they work out for you. I am very interested in getting some. Best of luck

Thanks for the info man i really appreciate it. I think i will stick with BBK since they are so well priced. I do have one more question do LTs require a tune or do you just have to buy MIL eliminators. If you decide to get some BBKs let me know how they work out for you. I am very interested in getting some. Best of luck

Yes,
they do require a tune. Thanks I hope to get a set right after X-mas. :nice:

Unless you go with stainless you can count on rust.

I have bbk Lt's on my coupe that never sees moisture and my damn tubes still rusted.

I saw a pair of daily driven ones and they are just awful.

You get what you pay for!

stainless can rust as well. the better grade of stainless is more resistant to surface rust, while the cheaper (i think its 304) can have surface rust. stainless should not rust through, but surface rust is still possible with some stainless grades.

i am not 100% sure because i dont have first hand experience with ceramic coatings. here is a pic of a stainless JBA header.....

23587d1146015800-what-long-tubes-ar.jpg

Background
409 is a titanium stabilised ferritic stainless steel. Although regarded as a general-purpose chromium stainless steel the primary application for Grade 409 is automotive exhaust systems. Its applications are those where appearance is a secondary consideration to mechanical properties and corrosion resistance and where some weldability is required.

********snip......*********

Corrosion Resistance
Grade 409 resists atmospheric and exhaust gas corrosion. A light surface rust will form in most atmospheres; this rust retards further corrosion but makes the surface undesirable for decorative applications.

i got that info from this site. http://www.azom.com/Details.asp?ArticleID=969

409 is the less expensive stainless, while 304 is the nicer, more expensice stainless.

Attachments

• 23587d1146015800-what-long-tubes-ar.jpg
    23587d1146015800-what-long-tubes-ar.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the info bigcat. It sounds like with any kind of header, unless you are willing to deal with some amount of rust you need a coating of some kind. I don't really worry about surface rust so much as having them rust through. Surely BBK would have some kind of warranty on that don't you think?