Been awhile but....video! Vortech & Cammed 02 GT vs 100 Shot & Cammed 05 Silverado

• Sponsors (?)

Yea that truck is sick. Buddy of mine has a 5.3 basicly the same thing, ported z06 heads(so stock heads i think), some 600 or so lift cam, T56 and full exhaust. That truck moves out, when my car made 390 i only took him by acouple cars if that. He is putting a bottle in it next....Just curious how is that think living up to the bottle? I'd kinda like to get a 5.3 2wd shortbed someday with bolt ons and a 100 shot or something.

Truck motor should be okay at that power level for awhile on the bottle, transmission is a different story. The stock one was dying, it has a built one now but even still it has problems. 4L60E's are garbage.

My friend had a stock 4.8 in his 00 Silverado for YEARS, running 2 bottles a week, 150 shot, he blew alot of transmissions, never hurt the motor, even after alot of nitrous backfires. The motors in the cars dont seem to be as forgiving though.

I dont think he is gonna do much more with the truck, he just got an 02 Z28 a couple weeks ago.

Truck motor should be okay at that power level for awhile on the bottle, transmission is a different story. The stock one was dying, it has a built one now but even still it has problems. 4L60E's are garbage.

My friend had a stock 4.8 in his 00 Silverado for YEARS, running 2 bottles a week, 150 shot, he blew alot of transmissions, never hurt the motor, even after alot of nitrous backfires. The motors in the cars dont seem to be as forgiving though.

I dont think he is gonna do much more with the truck, he just got an 02 Z28 a couple weeks ago.

Yea the kid I mentioned in my other post has gone through 3 or 4 trannies. The last one was a pretty serious built one and that ones not even in the best of shape. Just curious, what did the 4.8 run with the 150 shot? Yea if I bought a camaro and had that truck the modding would prob stop. Oh man, LS1's rule.

Yea the kid I mentioned in my other post has gone through 3 or 4 trannies. The last one was a pretty serious built one and that ones not even in the best of shape. Just curious, what did the 4.8 run with the 150 shot? Yea if I bought a camaro and had that truck the modding would prob stop. Oh man, LS1's rule.

The 4.8 truck was never a track racer but years ago he dynoed it and it made 220 rwhp on motor and 370 rwhp on the bottle with the 150 Shot, K&N in the stock box and a cutout. Truck also has airbags on it so it's kind of a sleeper. He ran RIGHT BESIDE my friend's 87 GT that ran 8.4's all day long and might of pulled us if a car hadnt pulled out in front of him. He could beat a stock LS1 F-Body. That truck now has an actual LS1 in it with TEA Heads, big cam, etc etc.