Beeping under dash?

dcurtis

10 Year Member
Jan 19, 2006
Every so often when I get in my car to start it, I hear a beep or a buzz sound three times and it stops, its more of a beep 3 times, has anyone else had this? I kind of remember some one saying something about there car beeping when it was low on fuel, that would make sence because I was low on fuel? It sounds like it is coming from around the rear of the radio. Doesn't do it long enough to find it.

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed with above. The airbag monitor is behind the radio. Does your airbag light prove-out when you turn the key on?

It's the air bag diagnostic controller.

I'd say there's an ~99% chance that you removed the air bag light because it was on. Otherwise, the light went by itself. But, considering that the bulb is rarely on, that bulb should last "forever".

It's well known that I'm **very negative** about people disarming or removing their air bag system. So, I'll say do a search and that's all.

FYI:
View attachment 308209 For Mustang Air Bag info, see:
Mustang Air Bag Diagnostic Codes

BTW: Search for "beeping" in the 5.0 tech forum.

NOTE: A LOT OF THE ADVICE IN THOSE TREADS IS FOR ILLEGAL MODS!
A number of times, I've gone over the legal risks of removing the air bag controller along with not have a working air bag warning light. So, no use in my going over that again. :)

As far as the electrical in my car everything is as it should be, all lights on or in my dash work, when I turn the key, the check engine light, seatbelt, low coolant, low oil light, air bag light and whatever else there is in there all light up as they are supposed to. I have noticed that everyonce in a while my air bag light would come on for a while though.