Belt size question, vortech users with 3G alt

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
My setup is a base vortech supercharger, I am using a 3G alternator from a 99 mustang, I do have a smog pump delete pulley on my setup as well, also have a/c and power steering. What size belt are you guys running?? The previous belt is a 5060910 which is 91 inches correct?? Anyways, it is wayyyy too tight!

It almost has to be pryed onto the a/c compressor. If anyone can could you please post some pics of belt clearance between the belt between the tensioner pulley and the waterpump pulley.

Just curious what size belt everyone else is using.

• Sponsors (?)

I ran into this problem last weekend after I did my 3G swap. I took the belt down to the parts store and had them get the next size up off the rack. Worked out pretty good.

String it and head to parts store

Last three digits of belt part number are size. So the last three in that belt part number are 910....which is a 91.0" belt. If they were 915, it would be a 91.5" belt. They go in 1/2" increments. The key is finding a parts store jockey who knows what you are trying to do.

I got the belt figured out, it was a 91.5 inch belt how in the hell the 91 inch belt was on is beyond me!

Now the new belt is wanting to run one groove off the a/c compressor to the rear. Looks like the power steering pulley may be a little too far on the shaft, gotta get that fixed asap :(

I had to space the idler bracket on my Novi setup, not sure if your tensioner setup is the same. but if it has 2 bolts on the main bracket and one that is attached to the block, add a washer between the bracket and waterpump, worked for me!