• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Berylium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SQUEEZE&STROKE
  • Start date Start date Aug 15, 2005

SQUEEZE&STROKE

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
0
0
0
SOUTHERN CA
Aug 15, 2005
#1
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #1
What do you guys think of that berylium color? Any one have any pics of it?
 

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
1,113
0
36
Medicine Hat, AB
Aug 15, 2005
#2
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #2
This is my car, but NOT my paintjob, it's a photoshop, I was checking out this color just over a year ago



 

SQUEEZE&STROKE

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
0
0
0
SOUTHERN CA
Aug 15, 2005
#3
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #3
That looks awesome...I might be painting my car that color-It is on pro stars and carbed, so it will be a track car most of the time
 

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
1,797
3
48
ohio
Aug 15, 2005
#4
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #4
That's one of my favorite colors, but I've heard Saleen won't give out the color code.

Here's a pic of a S7 in that color.
 

Attachments

  • im000166.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 116

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Aug 15, 2005
#5
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #5
yea those basterds.. I've contacted them several times, and each time I get the same reply.. It's an in house custom mix (BASF) and they will not sell the paint.. A friend had to wait 6 friggin months to recieve a 1oz bottle of touch up paint!
So yea, you will have to check out House Of Kolors, as they have a few close matches in the metalic candies. The saleen color almost looks like a candy job with a pearl tinted clear.. It's hard to say without getting it in just the right light.. but WOW is it an awesome color in person.
 

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Aug 15, 2005
#6
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #6


 

Attachments

  • saleen3.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 109
  • saleen01.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 144
  • saleen02.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 127
S

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
991
1
0
Philly
Aug 15, 2005
#7
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #7
I NEED TO CHANGE MY PANTS THANKS OINK! Jeezus that is the HOTTEST mustang I've ever seen. Is the SALEEN on all of the saleen bumpers?
 
C

Crash Gordon

New Member
Aug 8, 2005
34
0
0
Mount Dora, Florida
Aug 15, 2005
#8
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #8
hey that car is at Blacks Automotive right now isnt it. My car was sitting down there for a few weeks minus drivetrain. I looked at it, would love to have that car.
 

95riosnake

Member
Dec 21, 2003
630
0
17
Pittsburgh, PA
Aug 15, 2005
#9
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #9
Couldn't a custom paint shop maybe mix up a color that is 99% the same? It'd probably cost a pretty penny, but Chip Foose mixes his own colors on OverHaulin' sometimes. Dunno, it's a possibility
 

Zero Signal

Active Member
Feb 24, 2003
2,633
2
46
Tucson, AZ
Aug 15, 2005
#10
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #10
Anythings possible, it's not like Saleen invented the nuclear bomb and isn't sharing it. It can be recreated with some skill.

I like how that color makes the camera CCD clip in the sunlight.
 

BlueOvalStangGT

Active Member
Oct 27, 2003
2,849
0
46
Tampa Florida....USF!!!
Aug 15, 2005
#11
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #11
Heres a pic I snapped like a week ago of the same car that Mike posted,

 

mo_dingo

20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 26, 2003
3,031
2
58
Tucson, AZ
Aug 15, 2005
#12
  • Aug 15, 2005
  • #12
Zero Signal said:
Anythings possible, it's not like Saleen invented the nuclear bomb and isn't sharing it. It can be recreated with some skill.

I like how that color makes the camera CCD clip in the sunlight.
Click to expand...

Seriously.....

The 7 color changing paint is very common. It would just take some experimenting with a sunset metallic orange base and whatever makes it change shades.....

A little out of my league, but a custom paint shop could do it. No problem. Just money.
Scott
 

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Aug 16, 2005
#13
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #13
Crash Gordon said:
hey that car is at Blacks Automotive right now isnt it. My car was sitting down there for a few weeks minus drivetrain. I looked at it, would love to have that car.
Click to expand...

lol, is your car that teal 94/95 without a drivetrain? I asked them about that one ( the wing and brakes)

Yea thats Blacks car, they abuse the **** out of that thing.
 

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
3,026
1
0
Daytona bch, Florida
Aug 16, 2005
#14
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #14
mo_dingo said:
Seriously.....

The 7 color changing paint is very common. It would just take some experimenting with a sunset metallic orange base and whatever makes it change shades.....

A little out of my league, but a custom paint shop could do it. No problem. Just money.
Scott
Click to expand...
The color doesnt exactly shift tones, it's a basic metalic candy ( transperent) Almost looks to be a burnt copper type orange over a gold base.. I didn't get a chance to study the paint up close, but I'm sure the color/tone could be matched fairly easy. This is actually the color I will paint my 01 GT when the time comes..I'm going to go with a HOK metalic pearl over a silver base though..
 

94GTMOOSE

Member
Jun 27, 2005
303
0
16
jersey shore
Aug 16, 2005
#15
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #15
i don't think saleen is trying to keep the color code a secret, i think they are stupid that they don't even know what color it is. Saleen is a hassle and a half to deal with. My brother has a 00 xp8 saleen explorer and when he called to check on parts availiblity(which is none) the guy on the phone told him that saleen never made explorers.

It is a nice color though. There is a guy around in nj that could reproduce almost any color that you would want. he is expensive though. I had him mix me up this crazy blue pearl color when i painted my banshee frame.
 
C

Crash Gordon

New Member
Aug 8, 2005
34
0
0
Mount Dora, Florida
Aug 16, 2005
#16
  • Aug 16, 2005
  • #16
OinkAodeOink said:
lol, is your car that teal 94/95 without a drivetrain? I asked them about that one ( the wing and brakes)

Yea thats Blacks car, they abuse the **** out of that thing.
Click to expand...

Yeah, that was my car, and its blue not teal (haha) Yeah I was willing to take $2500 for the car, and it has a ton of stuff on it. Nobody bit, so I bought a low mileage 95 cobra and I am swapping the drivetrain in. The cobra was hit in the rear.

Yeah I have known the guys at blacks for like 5 or 6 years. I used to own Velocity Resources, and Speed Distributors.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Door glass fastener question
  • limp
  • May 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
301
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 25, 2026
limp
WTB 89 Hatchback interior trim - any color
  • Zero_chance
  • Jun 14, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
143
Want to Buy Jun 14, 2026
Noobz347
8
Did I fry something messing with my ignition?
  • 85gtCOBRA
  • Oct 18, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
30
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 15, 2025
85gtCOBRA
8
Fox Good shop in Washington state or Oregon
  • keel
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
149
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 20, 2026
keel
LMR SVE Low Profile Door Handles
  • skian00
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
531
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 13, 2026
dan50
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?