Best budget (< $200) longtube headers?

Mintsick

10 Year Member
Jan 6, 2007
West Lafayette, IN
While removing exhaust to repair my T5 I decided that I would like to swap to longtube headers/offroad x pipe while I have everything apart. I am looking on Summit Racing and for under $200 I am seeing Summit brand, Flowtech, and Hedman longtubes.

Summit G9030 - 1 5/8" untuned 5/16" flange 3" collector - $119
Flowtech 12104FLT - 1 5/8" tuned 5/16" flange 3" collector - $132
Hedman 88390 - 1 5/8" untuned 1/4" flange 3" collector - $165

Just based on the specifications the Flowtechs seem like the ones to go with, however I am looking for a set that also installs without much hassle if possible. Any recommendations on an offroad x pipe would also be appreciated. I am just looking to get some opinions/personal experience from anyone who has installed any of these headers. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I did see the BBK X and H pipes for longtubes, that was the only brand Summit Racing's site listed actually that were designed for longtubes. It may just be easier for me to get one of Summit's universal X pipe kits and have a shop weld it up for me so I know everything is going to line up. It looks like I will grab a set of the Summit brand header's as well, can't really go wrong for $119 plus stykthyn said they fit great which is what I am looking for, thanks guys.