Best Buffer?

I dont think that is a quality buffer.. all that will do is make swirl marks and mess your paint up. Check out www.autogeek.com. The porter cable is a good entry buffer and spins fast enough to get the job done. Me personally i use the DeWalt big daddy buffer. That thing is capable of 3000RPMs But if your not careful it will eat your paint and then ull be

Well, I do have some experience buffing. I worked in a detail shop in high school. No way am I buying one of the heavy duty ones I used then though, they are $200.

Thanks for the tips I will check out AutoGeek

SMRcalidiv said:
thats a DA buffer right? What differentiates that from just being a glorified random orbital...im not being a smart ass btw, and i want to buy a buffer, im just looking for actual facts that make these good buffers
Yes it's a dual action buffer, and the diffence is speed and thats whats needed when using scratch removes. The speed creats heat that helps break down the polish to begine removing scratches/swirls/marring. You can't do that by hand with out a lot of time and your arm not feeling like spaghetti at the end.

ok, that helps, i just got my car painted and i wanna take care of my baby, but i also want a tool that is professional grade, so knowing that i can get paintshop buffing results with the pc, and not have to worry anbout burning the paint is great

SMRcalidiv said:
ok, that helps, i just got my car painted and i wanna take care of my baby, but i also want a tool that is professional grade, so knowing that i can get paintshop buffing results with the pc, and not have to worry anbout burning the paint is great
Good man if you really want to get indepth about proper detailing read up on autopia.org they have a massive amount of info.

I just got a Porter Cable 7424 and finally got to polish my car last weekend and I am extremely impressed with how well that thing works - makes my 6 year old paint look new. Definitely worth the money.

I have a detailing venture that I do on the side. I have both the PC 7424 and a Makita rotary.

My weapon of choice is the 7424. With the right selection of cutting, polishing and finishing pads and the proper polishes ( I use a lot of Meguiar's profesional and detalier line products), they really make a finish shine. The rotary only comes out for "basket cases".

The PC 7424 is avaialble at Lowe's Home Centers for $109.