Best economy supercharger

mooktank

Jul 7, 2004
What would you guys say is the best economy supercharger. I was looking a the paxton novi1000s and there not bad price wise. I only want to make 6-8 psi boost because I think im running stock pistons but I would like a little bit more balls and i think eother that or an S trim would be quite pimp.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, I am not a sales rep. I am just a regular guy that would like a fast car for the least amount of money, and without compromising quality. If this is you then go with the NOVI 1000. Reasons why are:

-low price, $1600
-best quality, 3 yr warranty
-great power, up to 500rwhp. 6-7psi is wussy with these blowers. 10-12 psi is easy (and cheap) to do with these blowers. And they really wake the f up when they run in this psi range.
-aluminum hard discharge pipe with fitting already cast for bypass valve
-1/2 inch thick non-flex blower brackets (other blowers require a bracket upgrade which is $$)
-8 rib pulley system (other blowers come with a 6 rib pully which slips, and you have to pay $$ to upgrade)
-relatively quiet operation, but still have that token blower whine. Id get sick of that noise that 'other blowers' make on a trip longer than going down the street to Surf City Liquor to get a 12 pack. People hear it, it sounds wicked, but it DOES NOT drive you (or women passengers) bananas.

That is why I love my blower :nice:

Hey Ryde, any truth to the article I read in one of the mags that the Novi's are a little more involved to install as opposed to a Vortec, procharger,etc? I realize you may not have experience with anything else, but would love to hear your opinion anyways. Thanks in advance.

Are you asking for the most economical, or the most economically priced? I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if he's looking for a great street set up, I've always been partial to the Kenne Bell Flowzilla/Blowzilla positive displacement blowers myself. Efficient twin screw design and more low end torque than any centrifugal.

There’s a nice one on Ebay now at a pretty reasonable price…
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7915858493&category=33741&sspagename=WDVW

RydeOn said:
LOL, I am not a sales rep. I am just a regular guy that would like a fast car for the least amount of money, and without compromising quality. If this is you then go with the NOVI 1000. Reasons why are:

-low price, $1600
-best quality, 3 yr warranty
-great power, up to 500rwhp. 6-7psi is wussy with these blowers. 10-12 psi is easy (and cheap) to do with these blowers. And they really wake the f up when they run in this psi range.
-aluminum hard discharge pipe with fitting already cast for bypass valve
-1/2 inch thick non-flex blower brackets (other blowers require a bracket upgrade which is $$)
-8 rib pulley system (other blowers come with a 6 rib pully which slips, and you have to pay $$ to upgrade)
-relatively quiet operation, but still have that token blower whine. Id get sick of that noise that 'other blowers' make on a trip longer than going down the street to Surf City Liquor to get a 12 pack. People hear it, it sounds wicked, but it DOES NOT drive you (or women passengers) bananas.

That is why I love my blower :nice:

Cool! So, Rydeon, 1500$ was all you paid for yours? What other things would I have to buy to run it at 12 psi besides a smaller pulley? I'd like to dyno close to 400hp with my stock setup while I build my new motor. Theres a guy in "power adders" here that has achieved that. I was very impressed :)

blk92stangg said:
Hey Ryde, any truth to the article I read in one of the mags that the Novi's are a little more involved to install as opposed to a Vortec, procharger,etc? I realize you may not have experience with anything else, but would love to hear your opinion anyways. Thanks in advance.
I wouldnt agree. Procharger would be the most involved due to the intercooler. The N1k, SC trim and S trim are pretty much the exact same install. I know nothing about a NOVI 2000 being more involved than the others but it has an extra bracket that I cant see taking any additional time.

MadMatt5oh said:
Cool! So, Rydeon, 1500$ was all you paid for yours? What other things would I have to buy to run it at 12 psi besides a smaller pulley? I'd like to dyno close to 400hp with my stock setup while I build my new motor. Theres a guy in "power adders" here that has achieved that. I was very impressed :)
You could go one of two ways: get a smaller blower pulley, which voids the warranty. Or you could get a Vortech renegade pulley and a AFM powerpipe which keeps the warranty. If you did both ways, you would have up to 15 psi :eek: