• Royal Purple and have a wasted bottle of FRPP FM

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
I am doing my new Trak Loc and gear install Monday and realized I forgot to get gear oil. I already have the FRPP friction modifier but need oil. I have gotten several suggestions so I guess I will make a poll since I can wait till Sunday to buy it.

I cant get the Motorcraft cause the dealrs here dont have it in stock and it will take till Tuesday to get it so whats second best?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I got two bottles of Mobil 1 on teh way home. I hope I have everything for the swap.

IMGP0649.jpg

It gets cold where your at though, no? I called LMR and then a couple buddies in Dallas and they said with our weather that i would want 75-90 or 80-90

How much of the friction modifier will he use? Does he use the whole bottle?

It gets cold where your at though, no? I called LMR and then a couple buddies in Dallas and they said with our weather that i would want 75-90 or 80-90

How much of the friction modifier will he use? Does he use the whole bottle?

Well, it gets "cold" to me in relative terms (South Carolina), but not in general. Coldest it's been this Winter was about 17-20*, but in the Summer it's normally 85-95* so the 140 weight should help when it's hot out, and it's not cold enough, long enough for me to use a lesser weight based on temperature.

I'm sure what they recommend is fine and I wouldn't hesitate to use it... I just happened to go with the 140.

And I supplied one bottle of FRPP friction modifier. I believe he used the whole bottle, but I also believe that the Mobil-1 had friction mod in it already. Can't remember that detail, though. Better too much than too little.