Best Interior Combo? Let's See Some Shots

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
Gentleman,

I'm debating what to do with my 92 calypso interior. I need a headliner for sure, aND could probably stand to use new carpet. I have a mostly titanium grey Interior, but it has the black on top of door panels, dash, and door moulding. Do I keep it as intended from.factory and use titanium grey carpets, or put in black headliner and carpet? I love the look of 99-04 cobra seats in these foxes too.... just curious if anyone has grey interior with black carpet and if it looks good or :poo:ty? (I don't want to paint Interior pieces, so don't want to go all black). What looks best? Thanks .

• Sponsors (?)

Mine has the titanium gray interior with black carpet. I think it looks good.
20170129_134551.jpg
20170129_134652.jpg

Not sure why the last picture is rotated.

I would agree with you. Is your headliner still grey? I think the black floor carpet is fine, however I think grey hatch carpet looks better. Do I have to match them? This is tough. Thanks for the pic, very clean car btw

Thanks for the compliment. Yes my headliner is gray. I think you can buy the hatch carpet separate from the rest of the carpet.

Reactions: 1 user
I think as long as you keep it black and gray it still has the semblance of being original - but adding the black will make it subtle but custom.
A black headliner, visors and carpet are good choices IMO as you don't want either to a be a focus and both hide stains well.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea like I said, I think black floor carpet it great. Not so sure I like the black hatch carpet as much because all of that gray plastic trim butts up to it. Curious if anyone has black floor and gray hatch carpet. How does that look

13669640_535868259932323_4319331961764398262_n.jpg
My car originally had red int . Swapped to grey but did headliner , deck , and floor carpet black .

Reactions: 1 users
I'd go gray. The black tends to close off the interior a bit and make it seem smaller. I love a good clean grey interior. Looks open and airy.

As much as I love my black interior, if I could swap it for an equal condition 90+ grey interior, I would.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd go gray. The black tends to close off the interior a bit and make it seem smaller. I love a good clean grey interior. Looks open and airy.

As much as I love my black interior, if I could swap it for an equal condition 90+ grey interior, I would.

I kind of agree with this 100%.... especially with my calypso, black looks great, but I did feel a little claustrophobic at times inside of an all black interior setup. I am still heavily debating grey everything but keep my floor carpets black. Not totally sure yet, but I think I'll end up using all weather mats as this is my Dally driver (until winter) which will probably be black, and it may look better with black floor carpet.

@MrFoxNutCase has an awesome gray interior. Perhaps he can post pics. I'd trade my black for an interior like that in a second.

Here's all black. Looks great in pics, but it gets dirty very easily. I constantly vacuum the carpet because everything shows. I find it stays cleaner if I just don't drive the car and post pics instead
IMG_6570.JPG

But it absolutely drives me nuts trying to keep this clean.

Reactions: 1 users
@MrFoxNutCase has an awesome gray interior. Perhaps he can post pics. I'd trade my black for an interior like that in a second.

Here's all black. Looks great in pics, but it gets dirty very easily. I constantly vacuum the carpet because everything shows. I find it stays cleaner if I just don't drive the car and post pics instead
IMG_6570.JPG

But it absolutely drives me nuts trying to keep this clean.

You have one of the nicer black interiors that I've seen. I know the logistics might not be feasible, but I would pony up to get you a grey interior to take yours. Maybe we can figure out how to make something happen.

You have one of the nicer black interiors that I've seen. I know the logistics might not be feasible, but I would pony up to get you a grey interior to take yours. Maybe we can figure out how to make something happen.

I'll have to think about that a bit. The problem is I'm picky so I'd really need to see the interior complete in person before deciding. In just not sure how to pull that off if shipping interiors is involved.