Best place to buy parts?

• Sponsors (?)

my strategy is to google the part I am looking for by name or part number and then sift through the results looking for the best price and free shipping. Whomever the winner may be they get my business. LMR, CJpony, Blue Oval Indusrty, NPD, EBay, FoxResto, American Muscle, and Classic Industries is always what it comes down to and nobody has ever disappointed.

Reactions: 1 user
Really? Any issues Ive had, they immediately got me the info i needed or sent out a replacement part within hours. What happened in your case?
Last Saturday I ordered a bunch of stuff, including a front bumper. I accidentally must have hit the bumper twice, as soon as I saw my mistake, I tried calling, but it was 4:06, they closed at 4. So I emailed the problem at 4:07, then followed up with a phone call at 8:10 am on Monday. The rep said it was too late, when I asked how that could be since they just opened, he said they ship quick. So I got off the phone and checked FedEx and it said "label created". So I tried calling again, but was on eternal hold, so I emailed. All I wanted was an explanation for the discrepancy between what I was told and what I read. The response was once you get the shipment, let us know and we'll issue a return authorization, but I'm responsible for shipping cost. If I didn't make so many quick attempts to remedy that mistake I absolutely admit started with me, well it would all be on me. So I asked for a manager to contact me, still waiting. To be clear, all I want is an honest answer to how it was already shipped at 8:10 am Monday if FedEx said otherwise. It left me feeling I was lied to on Monday morning. The one response I got from a Sonya was simply that I had to pay return shipping when all I asked for was an explanation. I am not one of "those" type customers that thinks I am entitled. If they told me they ship after hours of customer phone banks closed, and it had been dropped at a FedEx facility Saturday night, I'd half buy it. Half because I did immediately email the issue literally 1 minute after receipt popped up. Again, I just want to remove suspicion that I was lied to. I am quite loyal when I am treated properly and will even pay a little more on occasion to maintain that loyalty, so far, they have not earned my loyalty. (Sorry so long) BTW, I'm still open to a legit response from them, and truly hope I get it. In the mean time FedEx is saying it will cost me $60 to ship it back. Hardly worth it..so I'll try to sell locally.

Last Saturday I ordered a bunch of stuff, including a front bumper. I accidentally must have hit the bumper twice, as soon as I saw my mistake, I tried calling, but it was 4:06, they closed at 4. So I emailed the problem at 4:07, then followed up with a phone call at 8:10 am on Monday. The rep said it was too late, when I asked how that could be since they just opened, he said they ship quick. So I got off the phone and checked FedEx and it said "label created". So I tried calling again, but was on eternal hold, so I emailed. All I wanted was an explanation for the discrepancy between what I was told and what I read. The response was once you get the shipment, let us know and we'll issue a return authorization, but I'm responsible for shipping cost. If I didn't make so many quick attempts to remedy that mistake I absolutely admit started with me, well it would all be on me. So I asked for a manager to contact me, still waiting. To be clear, all I want is an honest answer to how it was already shipped at 8:10 am Monday if FedEx said otherwise. It left me feeling I was lied to on Monday morning. The one response I got from a Sonya was simply that I had to pay return shipping when all I asked for was an explanation. I am not one of "those" type customers that thinks I am entitled. If they told me they ship after hours of customer phone banks closed, and it had been dropped at a FedEx facility Saturday night, I'd half buy it. Half because I did immediately email the issue literally 1 minute after receipt popped up. Again, I just want to remove suspicion that I was lied to. I am quite loyal when I am treated properly and will even pay a little more on occasion to maintain that loyalty, so far, they have not earned my loyalty. (Sorry so long) BTW, I'm still open to a legit response from them, and truly hope I get it. In the mean time FedEx is saying it will cost me $60 to ship it back. Hardly worth it..so I'll try to sell locally.
Sorry that happened to you. For the future, what I found works in a situation like that is going back into your account immediately after placing the order and canceling the entire order then placing the order again correctly. The original order will show as pending on your card but in a week will disappear and only the second order will charge. Not sure if CJPony has a “cancel tab” so maybe not possible with them but when I have made similar mistakes with LMR that was the easy fix just to cancel and re-do without having to call anyone. Don’t feel bad we have all experienced drama like that sometime or another when placing online orders. It’s easy to click a wrong button or unintentionally throw something in the cart that wasn’t wanted. Keep at it with CJ because it’s all who you get on the phone with every business's. At some point you will get a good hearted, competent, understanding, common sense type person who cares and is good at their job on the phone and they will make it right for you. Good luck.

Sorry that happened to you. For the future, what I found works in a situation like that is going back into your account immediately after placing the order and canceling the entire order then placing the order again correctly. The original order will show as pending on your card but in a week will disappear and only the second order will charge. Not sure if CJPony has a “cancel tab” so maybe not possible with them but when I have made similar mistakes with LMR that was the easy fix just to cancel and re-do without having to call anyone. Don’t feel bad we have all experienced drama like that sometime or another when placing online orders. It’s easy to click a wrong button or unintentionally throw something in the cart that wasn’t wanted. Keep at it with CJ because it’s all who you get on the phone with every business's. At some point you will get a good hearted, competent, understanding, common sense type person who cares and is good at their job on the phone and they will make it right for you. Good luck.
Thank you for the very thoughtful response.

As a parts manager, the body shop wanted a sticker on the trunk lid for a car the dealership owner wanted to be like new. The most reliable body guy brought me the part number and the page with the diagram showing the arrow to the part. The weekly order was going in right then, and I did not double check what the odd part description or cost. The boss was already hot under the collar about the time it was taking.
When the sticker showed up, it was attached to a trunk lid. :-0
I suppose that’s why there was a parts return allowance, but it showed up on my last day and I did not have time to fix it. Oops.

• Surprised
Fast-forward, I just got a call from a manager at CJ, and he explained how this all came down, and also offered a call tag as a one time courtesy. I can't ask for more. In the end, that's all I really wanted was an explanation of HOW this got shipped so fast. Restored faith..