Best Spark Plugs

I run NGK plugs in my 85', I went to them when the mechanic that put on my aluminum heads put iron head plugs into them. I went to my local speed shop, American Motorsports, and got a set of NGK plugs, with a "gasket" and a longer shank. Just make sure that if you have aluminum heads that you have a long shank plug so that the plug enters the chamber.

• Sponsors (?)

94 Mustang GT said:
when i was a the columbus swap this vender said that the advantage of the platinum +4 plugs is mainly for less maintance, that because of the 4 prongs they will last a lot longer than normal plugs

That's true of all platnium plugs, not jsut multi-prong plugs. Platnium plugs come in most new cars today, even the new Mustang's. The reason why is it's a PITA to work on these new engines so the platnium allows longer times between plug changes.

SInce these cars come stock with plats, the ignitions are upgraded to compensate for the higher resistance plugs, with many new cars employing COP technology.

OUr 5.0's are not like new cars.They came with copper plugs stock and the igntion is only suited for that. RUnning platniums sometimes causes detonation especially with sub-par wires.

SInce this is a performance website, i would only use a copper plug. It's not that hard to change plugs ona 5.0 and $10 in plugs every 10-15K miles is not gonna break the bank. I don't see any reason to run platniums unless you are really lazy. :shrug:

Autolite 25's gapped at 0.052"-0.056" for the 87+ Mustangs. Early 5.0's run a 0.045" gap but the 87+ has an improved ignition so it can handle the larger gap

Brisk usa enterprises GOR 17LGS

Has anyone tried these plugs yet. The claim to be the best plug design yet. I was thinking about trying them, but thought I would see if anyone has beat me to it. Their web site has great info on heat ranges and plug electrode and placement.

autolite, plain ol' regular autolites. go to the zone tell'em you want spark plugs.tell'em what car it is.tell'em you want autolites. now, their gonna try and sell you those fancy platinum ones... DON'T DO IT! say nah, i'll just take the plain ol' autolites, thanks

408stroker5.0 said:
Bad experience and other people's story's have made me Anti NGK.
It's the NGK V-Groove Plug's that are Crap. (I don't know about there other plug's) They just don't run great in Ford's for some reason. I work at a Ford Dealership and the tech's refuse to put NGK in any Ford Viechle new or old. Myself personally and buddies of mine also have had bad experiences with NGK. Long Story Short.... I Ran one race with NGK in my circle track car (302) and the car ran like S**T and the plug's fouled up. Threw some Autolite's in her the next day and she purred away and the plug's were nice and tan.... Both plug's were same heat range, same everything.... Stay Away from V Groove's.

Run Motorcraft or Autolite.... nothing else. In a Way You Could Say... Made For Ford's.

i had the same problem with NGK... felt like my car was missing after i put them in... then i put back in autolites and man they work great! runs alot stronger! AUTOLITES!! :nice: