Best Supercharger for 94 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

one that comes after you've built up that motor some more....there are so many cheap mods you can do to that car before going boost....

but in all seriousness turbos are the way to go anyways....but if i had to choose a blower id go with a Kenne Bell...Vortech is probably the biggest "proven" performer though....

Anthony

While I dont have a SC, I plan on eventually getting a Paxton. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Some guy on the corral posted that he was making 390rwhp with a Novi2k @ 10lbs with an intake a full exhaust. And from what I've read they're the last blower most people would ever need with the power they are capable of producing.

It really depends on your priorities.

Vortech is the classic centrifugal supercharger, and it's relatively inexpensive. For a few more bucks you can get a Kenne Bell. The KB is a better choice than a centrifigual in my opinion, especially if your car spends most of its time on the street. A turbo would be a whole lot of fun, but by far the most expensive option. I'd figure on spending around $3000 for a Vortech setup, $4000 for a Kenne Bell, and $5000 for a turbo.

Dave

A KB will give you a lot more low end torque which in my opinion is funnier on the street. Turbos will make more power but you will also spend more money unless you make a junkyard kit. Vortech has been a proven performer and costs less than the other two. If you think you can do a junkyard kit PM 1105 he might be selling his stuff.

Dustin

I got my Procharger P-1SC intercooled kit for $3350 with a 3 year warranty. However, I know someone will chime in and say Prochargers leak if I dont get it out of the way. Mine did, but it cost nothing and was back on the car in 6 days. Course , I live 30 mins. from Procharger, which is why I went with them...

Expect headaches and frusteration if you are planning on a junkyard turbo.No, I haven't tried it, but I follwed the progress of 1105's project closely and it seemed like a challenging task. It would be something to brag about though, to say the least.

Good luck.

If it were my car which it isnt I would go with the Kenny Belle for sure. Just because My car is basially a daily driver with a lot of street time and not a lot of track time. The great thing about the KB is that it makes FULL boost at only 2000rpm's!!! Making it an awesome stop light to stop light blower. Plus the install is a little simpler because you basically just swap the upper intake manifold.

mystang94gt said:
If it were my car which it isnt I would go with the Kenny Belle for sure. Just because My car is basially a daily driver with a lot of street time and not a lot of track time. The great thing about the KB is that it makes FULL boost at only 2000rpm's!!! Making it an awesome stop light to stop light blower. Plus the install is a little simpler because you basically just swap the upper intake manifold.

if by stop light to stop light blower you mean spin out constantly, then you're right. If this car is daily driven, then every time it rains you're are gonna have a terrible time driving it cause that boost is RIGHT there. I would go with Paxton Novi 2000, have yet to hear a bad thing and they make sick power; they flow something like 1700 cfm!! :hail2:

The only way I'd put a Kenne Bell on my car is if I only drove it when it was dry out and it was a weekend warrior at the strip. Just some food for thought!

Vortech Kit ($2800, you'll need a few extras like injectors)
Turbo Kit ($4500. This is what *I* would get :D. There are some that are a little cheaper, but this kit gives you the whole nine yards and then some)

Kenne Bell 2.2L kit is ~$3700. You can get the smaller KB for less, but if you want to go above 350 rwhp some day, you'll need the 2.2L anyway.

Dave

I would go with either a Vortech or Paxton if it were me. I looked very hard at the Kenne Bell's but the fact the the boost was *always* there was both a blessing and a curse to me. On one side it would be cool to start rocking and rolling at 2,000RPM but on the other hand traction would be a big issue and streetability would go out the window. That is why I would go with one of the other two blowers simply because you can somewhat control the boost.

DaveB said:
While I dont have a SC, I plan on eventually getting a Paxton. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Some guy on the corral posted that he was making 390rwhp with a Novi2k @ 10lbs with an intake a full exhaust. And from what I've read they're the last blower most people would ever need with the power they are capable of producing.

Ive got a Paxton Novi 2000 and saying its an awesome blower is an understatement. My first dyno run was not really impressive but my car has lot of issues to be worked out before I go back plus it only dynoed up to 4,200 RPM'S before my clutch slipped. Bad place for the clutch to slip since alot of power is made between 4,000-6,000 RPMs w/ the Centrigifual blowers. Before I go back to the dyno Im getting a UPR power Pipe and getting my clutch probs resolved. When I go back I hope to pull in the ball park of 350 at the wheels w/ stock heads and cam.

The Paxton Novi 2000 is rated at 1,700 CFM, thats alot of air flow and it is a big blower. Its also rated up to 19Lbs of boost if you ever want to pull those kind of #'s

I run the older issue (intercooled) Procharger P600b on my modded 94 Cobra, & have never had a problem. The blower has over 50,000 miles (with no rebuild) & has out lasted two of my previous engines. It currently runs on a new fully forged bottom end, & see's 12psi on a daily basis.