Best Tire for some bulge?

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
Just wondering if you guys know a good tire for a little bulge on a 17x10.5 Black Bullitt rim. I will be replacing my Goodyear F-1 GS-D3s in the new few weeks and would like something that looks a little more aggressive. Nitto 555DRs...M/T DRs?

The car is only a daily driver during the warm months and then an occasional driver during the winter months on days that are clear and the roads are snow free.

Thanks,
Jared
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

current tires...

SDC10451.jpg

SDC10450.jpg

SDC10467.jpg

I personally think that size looks great!! I re-used my 275's from my Cobra R's and they are too skinny for my 10.5's IMO. You've got a clean look going on there. :nice:

Buy some DR's in the same size and go from there. Although if you want a little more, I've seen 335's on that size rim, and they looked sick!

MT Drag Radials, 305/35's on 10.5 wheels(18)

Lower the tire pressure, heat them up well, then say goodbye to your rearend!

Since you are basically stock with gears, I would just invest in a good set of street tires. 17-18 inch drag radials don't do a whole lot for a car on the street. The are designed to work with lowering the tire pressure and doing a healthy burnout. My Firestone Wide Ovals hook just as well as my MT drag radials do on the street at 26-28psi. So unless you race, it's not worth it. I've run many sets of nitto's and a set of bfg's too. Go with a street tire, and have a set of extra wheels for the rear if you want to hit the track.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

YouTube - My Z06 breaks