Best Tires?

• Sponsors (?)

yea i have the same problem around here ... if i want nitto's i am gonna have to order them offline .. but im in no rush to get them so i can wait for shipping .. i am not really worried about traction in the rain because HOPEFULLY i will never have to drive her in the rain... thanks for the info tho

What are you going to use them for? If you are just daily driving I wouldnt pick such an expensive tire. However if you are going to auto-x it or something you might look into a something like the nitto, but there are alot better tires out there than the nitto for less $$$$.

a few friends of mine including one that owns a few drag cars and sells tires at his shop insist that BF goodrich drag radials are much more superior to the nittos so superior he has a set of nittos on the shelf for the last year with the BF goodrich drag radials on his cars...i know that the BF goodrich drag radials are auesome off the line a friend of min cuts his time about 1/2 a second and runs a 1.7 60' with the BFGs on his 02 stang stock with 4:30 gears. but i would not use these tires for a daily driver...i'm going to get some and mount them on seperate rims believe me its worth it.....some people say a gear upgrade is the cheapest and best bang for the buck upgrade for the price i dont believe it, a set of drag radials are the best and biggest upgrade you can make for the money...

i agree on the 555's being a good tire, but not very practical for regular driving.

also many do something like a 275/40/17 on the back and a 245 or 255/45/17 on the front.....looks pretty mean. The downside is you can only rotate side-to-side (depending on tire) vs. front-to-back

Yea i want all the same tire all way around, but it seems like everyone is pretty much saying that Nitto's are not good for everyday driving, which the car will end up being when spring comes around. I will probably NEVER go to the track as i just drive around town. I did just get a completely rebuilt rearend about an hour ago, everything rebuilt, with brand new 3:73's. But what does everyone think about the Nitto's? I can get them for 475$$ Yes or no for everyday driving, and if no what should i get, price is not really a barrier, as i dont care how much i spend as long as i get some good rubber! (and as long as its not the thousands!)

Nitto's DR's are perfectly fine for daily driving. They get excellent street traction and are adequate for the rain. Sure there not as sticky as BFG's, they will however last far longer. Figure around 15k miles for the Nittos and around 5k for the BFG's.

I myself went with 245 45 17's up front and 275 40 17's out back (8 inch rim). Keep in mind if you go this route you cannot rotate your tires at all without un-mounting the tire and re-balancing on the rim. Their directional tread pattern is the cause for this.

Yea thats a problem i dont wanna have .. i know it would look good but i would rather be able to rotatre them .. so i am going with 255's all the way around .. good sixe tire for a 9 inch rim.. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=255&pc=40142&rd=17&ar=40 ... this is the link to them .. i suck at that kinda studd though so if it doesnt work just go to discount tire direct.com ... also i have heard that people are getting closer to 25 -30,000 miles on them .. sounds pretty nuts .. has anyone ever heard of this???

Yea thats a problem i dont wanna have .. i know it would look good but i would rather be able to rotatre them .. so i am going with 255's all the way around .. good sixe tire for a 9 inch rim.. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...cf=false&sw=false&cs=255&pc=40142&rd=17&ar=40 ... this is the link to them .. i suck at that kinda studd though so if it doesnt work just go to discount tire direct.com ... also i have heard that people are getting closer to 25 -30,000 miles on them .. sounds pretty nuts .. has anyone ever heard of this???

Nah…that's about the going mileage for that tire. Keep in mind that is not a drag radial…and will not get nearly as good traction as one.

I dont know why some of you guys are telling him they are bad everyday driving tires. He isnt talking about the 555R drag radials, hes talking about the 555 street tires which are awesome everyday tires. Ive got them on the front of my car with 315/35/17 555R's on the back, and i drive it every day, even in the rain. For a great, decently priced tire that will last a long time, you cant go wrong with the 555's.

I'm also in the market of new tires. I'll see little track time, and a good deal of street time. I've seens some good reviews on the Toyo Proxes 4's, & I've heard nothing but good things about Nitto.